Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

Nelson Tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 05:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

badass nelson is a good tuner really surprised how your truck ran alot slower with the volant then with the factory i guess heat soak played a part in it but not bad times tho i ran 15.3s tune only in S.A. with my 5.3 crew cab 6 speed... your forum name wouldnt have anything to do with your car number would it?? lol
Old 09-07-2010, 08:39 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Three6GMC
badass nelson is a good tuner really surprised how your truck ran alot slower with the volant then with the factory i guess heat soak played a part in it but not bad times tho i ran 15.3s tune only in S.A. with my 5.3 crew cab 6 speed... your forum name wouldnt have anything to do with your car number would it?? lol
The times dropped with the Volant install because of the MAF relocation I think because of the way they make them a solid part of the air tube intake and I believe the way it was reading the air flow was weird. Allen said it had the computer sending way to much gas at all times, the P0101 code was coming up every once in a while also. I think your fuel tables run between 35 and -35 with -35 being max fuel and mine was always sending max fuel or some thing of the sort, even at idle...I'm definitely not a tuner, lol I just try to listen when stuff is being explained to me.

I think my truck would be running right there with yours at 15.3s if I hadn't added extra weight to it and wasn't a big boy myself at 6' 1" and 300.

Was your truck running on 20s then?

The double047 was what everyone called me in football, my # was 47 and then they all said I was like James Bond how I always got into and out of all situations on and off the field so they nicknamed me 0047, long corny story, but it kind of stuck...blah, blah, blah..then I got old. The End.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

what the advange hp gain on nelson tune?
Old 09-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Staging Lane

Have any before and after rwhp numbers with the tune?
Old 09-10-2010, 11:24 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 06murder
what the advange hp gain on nelson tune?
Not sure exactly, I would call them and ask to be sure.

Originally Posted by GSXRDAVE21
Have any before and after rwhp numbers with the tune?
No, I have never had the truck on a dyno.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Teching In

man i have been trying to get a hold of someone at nelson performance and i have even pmed you allen with no response. That right there is almost enough to make me want to go else where. Can you pm me with a way to get a hold of anyone there or at least tell me you are to busy...something.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:01 AM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

Originally Posted by CaMmEdHoE
man i have been trying to get a hold of someone at nelson performance and i have even pmed you allen with no response. That right there is almost enough to make me want to go else where. Can you pm me with a way to get a hold of anyone there or at least tell me you are to busy...something.
did you leave a message, if so, under what name, cause we're all caught up on phone calls.
i'll check my pm's.

thanks,
Old 09-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Teching In

Yes I actually did leave a message. No call back
Old 09-16-2010, 06:56 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

PM sent!
Old 09-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Teching In

Well after the long wait, I finally get a call back from one of the girls that work there. Yup Allen I guess you are to busy to talk to a customer. Personal, I think not! Then she tells me the price for a mail order tune using my software. At first she told me they won't use my software. Nothing like throwing 600 dollars out the window! Man what a horrible experience an I didn't even get anything done. You that talk good about Nelson performance must have better luck then I or are good friends with them. I will never send any work there or take anything there!

Quick Reply: Nelson Tune