Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

Nelson Tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh an on top of all the she hung up on me.... Very professional, thought I was in high school again.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

Originally Posted by CaMmEdHoE
Well after the long wait, I finally get a call back from one of the girls that work there. Yup Allen I guess you are to busy to talk to a customer. Personal, I think not! Then she tells me the price for a mail order tune using my software. At first she told me they won't use my software. Nothing like throwing 600 dollars out the window! Man what a horrible experience an I didn't even get anything done. You that talk good about Nelson performance must have better luck then I or are good friends with them. I will never send any work there or take anything there!
Thanks for shitting on the original posters thread and his good experience with us.

But since you brought it up, don't forget to mention you were acting like an *** to Erica for no reason! You must be one of those manly guys that don't think women can talk tech, we run across those kind every once in a while.

Why would you even need to speak to me when you can't even get past the fact that we have a set price on our tune and you didn't want to pay it!
If you can't pay the price of the tune then it's just a waste of time because I'm not going to lower the price either!
Go to the other tuner "who will only charge $200", have fun with it!

To top it off, you still don't get what she was trying to relay! It's not that we won't use your software, it's that the tune is $400. You having hptuners has nothing to do with our price, it only allows you to accept email tunes and conveniently load the tune.
You not being knowledgeable enough to use a software you purchased, on your own, isn't our fault.

Erica did NOT hang up on your either, she politely told you to call back when you can speak politely to her!

This is about you expecting a discount on our knowledge and tuning ability because you can't use hptuners on your own!

This isn't about customer service or our tuning ability, so spread all the rumors you want, just be sure to get the name right, NELSON PERFORMANCE!
Old 09-17-2010, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by CaMmEdHoE
Oh an on top of all the she hung up on me.... Very professional, thought I was in high school again.
You acted like you're in high school, so that's how she treated you.

hmmm.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:50 PM
14 Second Truck Club

CaMmEdHoE now that you have been put in your place and exposed for what you are please exit my thread, you are not wanted here.

I did a ton of research on the tuners out there before making my choice and I never ran across any service issues in regards to Nelson Performance and I have received excellent service from them.

Not only that they have been good enough to help me plan out my entire build and shared a lot of knowledge with me that is going to pay off in the long run, not to mention save me from doing things twice (saving $'s) when the big picture isn't looked at in the beginning.

Allen's tune alone shaved over 1 full second off my 1/4 mile time!

I'm headed back down to Nelson next week to have my truck RE-TUNED FOR FREE because I am having them install Pacesetter Headers and Off Road Y-Pipe.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My last 2 tunes from Nelson Performance have been spot on. Erica is very helpful and she knows what she is talking about. Top notch. I am really thinking about taking a mini vacation and driving down there to get my final tune after i install my cam.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bigschwerm
My last 2 tunes from Nelson Performance have been spot on. Erica is very helpful and she knows what she is talking about. Top notch. I am really thinking about taking a mini vacation and driving down there to get my final tune after i install my cam.
Thanks for the feedback! Glad to hear you're enjoying the tune.
I'll forward this over to Erica, she'll be glad to hear this.

Come on down, we'll wideband and dyno that sucker!!
Old 09-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Allen has done my tuning since he was working out of an old grand am(03/04?) and Ive never had any complaints about his tunes even when hes still doped up from his hospital trip after impersonating a UFC fighter
Old 09-17-2010, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Allen has done my tuning since he was working out of an old grand am(03/04?) and Ive never had any complaints about his tunes even when hes still doped up from his hospital trip after impersonating a UFC fighter
Thanks for mentioning I owned a grand am at one time, lmao. That was my get around car, lol.
I still had the Tahoe and farmtruc hahah.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:13 PM
14 Second Truck Club

I'm happy to report that I just enjoyed another ride home from San Antonio, had quite a bit of fun along the way.

Took my truck back down to Nelson and they professionally installed a set of headers, off road y-pipe and then Allen re-tuned my truck.

I can tell you there was a major seat of the pants improvement for sure, I will get some time slip feed back posted up in a week or two.

Thanks Allen and please pass on my appreciation to Erica, Lisa, John and Ray....simply put you guys kick some major league ***!

Great service, great value and a wealth of knowledge right their in that building. What more could you ask for?

See you guys in November for the TruTrac and 4.11s!!!

Last edited by double047; 10-09-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:12 PM
14 Second Truck Club

A couple weeks ago they installed Pacesetter Ltbs, ORY-Pipe and Re-Tuned my truck.

Ran it last night and it shaved 6 tenths off my quarter mile time!

Previous Personal Best was 15.6 @ 88!

New Personal Best is 15.0 @ 93!

This is on my big heavy crew cab in street trim sporting 20s, Snug Lid and Bed Rug.

Mods are Volant CAI, 160º TStat, Ltbs, YPipe Magnaflow Muffler and Nelson Tune.

Last edited by double047; 10-11-2010 at 10:14 AM.