Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

Nelson tune... Bad biz!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 07:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nelson tune... Bad biz!!

Ordered a tune for my suburban.
Took a month to get it.
When I installed it I got a Ses light and cuise doesn't work

I told them I would just send it back.. They told me no refunds

That's shitty biz in my mind

This is how stupid they are I told them it had a ses light they asked which light
Agh Thers only 1 Ses light

Then she wants me to get the code it set so they can fix it

I have no code scanner

What puzzles me is why I'd have to try to fix ther mistake
Old 01-28-2011, 07:41 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm, interesting..
Old 01-28-2011, 07:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

What vehicle is this on?
Old 01-28-2011, 07:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Word, usually no tuner is gonna give a refund for their time spent on it. did you tell tham EVERYTHING you have done to it and what you wanted done?
Old 01-28-2011, 07:56 AM
On The Tree

He can't give a refund cause once he's put your vin# in it's in there for good he can never get that spot back. I know mail order tunes can be aggrevating for both parties, cause he's kinda tuning blind and every vehicle can act a little different. The cruise situation could be a bad core that he got from someone else that wouldnt show up till you tried it out. I don't have a Nelson tune but I have used them in the past with no problems, trust mne he will get it right for you!
Old 01-28-2011, 09:03 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Without knowing what code the vehicle is throwing its impossible for them to know what code it is, aside from turning off all 500 or so dtc's so that you have 0 protection over a real issue you would need to be able to tell them what dtc it is so they can disable it or heaven forbid its a code that should be fixed mechanically then YOU would need to get it fixed. Many people don't understand that tuning cannot fix every problem, while it can fix many there are more things It cannot fix then it can

As for the cruise issue did you have them change for different gear/tire? Its pretty common to loose cruise control when the gears/tires are changed out as the abs module will conflict with what the pcm is saying it should have and this throws a monkeywrench into everything.

There are actually several lights you can see, you could see an ABS light(which is quite common in truck tuning), the ses light, in some applications I think theres also a service vehicle light.

In any event it sounds like they are trying to help as best they can but you are unable to give them the information they need. If I were you autozone would be my next stop so i could get the code # to tell them

Good luck!
Old 01-28-2011, 09:10 AM
TECH Junkie

You can go to most auto parts stores and they will read the code for free.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:19 AM
14 Second Truck Club

They will get you taken care of, trust me...

They care a lot about their customers, I have have witnessed this first hand on more than one occasion.

I drive down there to have all my work done and its a basically 5 hours from my house. They have gotten in parts late or had to hunt something down because a part was missing or bad delivered in from a vendor and stayed late in the evening to finish my truck and get me back on the road.

Hell one night I was there to at least 7:30PM and when they finished working on my truck, they were gathering tools to go help a customer of theirs who was broke down on the road some where and couldn't get his truck going.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Suburban
Vararam
Just wanted simple tune
No gear change
Old 01-28-2011, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like a bad core for sure, nothing they could have done about it, does Nelson offer free upgrades for the life of the vehicle while it's in your possession?

Quick Reply: Nelson tune... Bad biz!!