Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

Not Good with Nelson Performance

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry you feel that way, but step in our shoes for a second.

You originally bought your 2005 Avalanche tune in 7-16-07.
Since then, you have had 4 free retunes in the same year. Since you have our terms and conditions handy, you'll notice you get 3 free retunes each year, but we let this slide for a lot of customers who like to mod. It also states that tunes are nontransferable to other trucks and owners.
Let's see, retune list:
7-07, nitrous installed
8-07, shiftkit, converter
9-07, misc mods
10-07, back to stock converter

not to mention:
2-08, no cats, tires
6-03-11, back to almost stock, 4.8L (hint, avalanches don't come with 4.8L engines)

That last tune is where the issue is. How do you think we take it when you call and ask for a retune, we send a retune out like we always do for a 2005 avalanche, then you call us and say we sent the wrong pcm, which we didn't!??

You're asking for a 99-02 pcm with a blue connector, yours has green, being an '05.
This makes us think you've taken all the mods and put them in another truck, sold your truck, or are trying to pass on a tune to a person you sold all your mods to.

Please don't make us look like the sketchy ones here. You ordered a retune for an '05 avalanche, that's what you got. You never mentioned that you were using a 2002 harness (which btw won't even work in a 2005 avalanche and doesn't have dbw, tac module, etc, etc, etc, i can go on forever with the differences), which makes me believe the retune requested wasn't even for your avalanche, but a 99-02 truck you put all your mods on.

To be honest with you, if you would have called, said something like "hey, i gotta a situation here, ...." "can you help me out...." most of the time we will.
But when Erica tried to explain to you or called you out or figured you out, and tried to explain, you just hung up on her and didn't want to hear anything she had to say.

Sorry you went about it the wrong way, take care and please don't forget to send your core back, it's due in 21days to be entitled to free retunes.

thanks,
allen
Old 06-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Staging Lane

Well. Nothing beats good old record keeping.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FarmTruc
Sorry you feel that way, but step in our shoes for a second.

You originally bought your 2005 Avalanche tune in 7-16-07.
Since then, you have had 4 free retunes in the same year. Since you have our terms and conditions handy, you'll notice you get 3 free retunes each year, but we let this slide for a lot of customers who like to mod. It also states that tunes are nontransferable to other trucks and owners.
Let's see, retune list:
7-07, nitrous installed
8-07, shiftkit, converter
9-07, misc mods
10-07, back to stock converter

not to mention:
2-08, no cats, tires
6-03-11, back to almost stock, 4.8L (hint, avalanches don't come with 4.8L engines)

That last tune is where the issue is. How do you think we take it when you call and ask for a retune, we send a retune out like we always do for a 2005 avalanche, then you call us and say we sent the wrong pcm, which we didn't!??

You're asking for a 99-02 pcm with a blue connector, yours has green, being an '05.
This makes us think you've taken all the mods and put them in another truck, sold your truck, or are trying to pass on a tune to a person you sold all your mods to.

Please don't make us look like the sketchy ones here. You ordered a retune for an '05 avalanche, that's what you got. You never mentioned that you were using a 2002 harness (which btw won't even work in a 2005 avalanche and doesn't have dbw, tac module, etc, etc, etc, i can go on forever with the differences), which makes me believe the retune requested wasn't even for your avalanche, but a 99-02 truck you put all your mods on.

To be honest with you, if you would have called, said something like "hey, i gotta a situation here, ...." "can you help me out...." most of the time we will.
But when Erica tried to explain to you or called you out or figured you out, and tried to explain, you just hung up on her and didn't want to hear anything she had to say.

Sorry you went about it the wrong way, take care and please don't forget to send your core back, it's due in 21days to be entitled to free retunes.

thanks,
allen

first I didn't hang up on anyone... second just because avalanche dont come with 4.8 dont mean it's unheard of... Like I could put a vette motor in and it would work that has nothing to do with it... how are ou gonna come at me like your hooking me up when I haven't had a tune in 3 years...and I never asked for any favors so if you did an extra retune for the "hook-up" then thats what it is... honestly I don't care for your tunes it's the fact I dont want anyone else spending money with NELSON PERFORMANCE if your gonna do what you want once you get peoples money... I'm with BLACKBEAR NOW I feel safe.....
Old 06-09-2011, 06:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

allen give your record keeper a raise !!
Old 06-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

Originally Posted by way2much_01
first I didn't hang up on anyone... second just because avalanche dont come with 4.8 dont mean it's unheard of... Like I could put a vette motor in and it would work that has nothing to do with it... how are ou gonna come at me like your hooking me up when I haven't had a tune in 3 years...and I never asked for any favors so if you did an extra retune for the "hook-up" then thats what it is... honestly I don't care for your tunes it's the fact I dont want anyone else spending money with NELSON PERFORMANCE if your gonna do what you want once you get peoples money... I'm with BLACKBEAR NOW I feel safe.....
He said, she said, ....

Dude, the facts are on the table. How do you think it looks? You're using an 02 harness in a 2005 avalanche?

I didn't say I "hooked you up".

That's cool you don't care for my tunes, but the 5 retunes you got from us shows you cont'd to modify your truck and use our tunes, hmmm.

If I wanted your money, I would have stopped sending retunes after the first sale. We're in this for the long run. We're not here to take anyone's money and not deliver.
I'll let the 3000+ plus tunes speak for themselves, you do what you need to do.

take it easy and technically, you're still entitle to free retunes if it doesn't work out.