Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

PerformaBuilt. Delivery time excessive

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 02:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bumpers
But they took almost 3grand out of my account a couple of weeks before they ever shipped my product.
In California that's illegal. You guys may **** and moan about all of our laws and other crap (and a lot of it is well-deserved), but in the area of consumer rights we're ahead of the pack. That bullshit doesn't fly out here.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:47 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree mr. sansog it pisses me off to when they dont stick to there word if somethings should not go as planned then the builder should say something how would he feel if it took that long to receive payment
Old 06-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
I'd be pissed if a vendor told me my stuff was shipping out, and then not tell me later that it didn't ship out...

I think he has a right to be pissed. If they would've told him it would be X amount of days in the first place, I'm sure he'd be fine with it, but being told you have to keep waiting over and over again sucks. Don't promise things you can't deliver.
For once I agree with Scott

Be up front from the beginning and you wont have any problems with customer service. You dont all of the sudden get a 3 week back-log of work.

Just relax and Im sure you will get your transmission, PB has been great on this site and their transmissions are holding up. Id be happy to get one of their transmissions and a little aggitated at the wait but from the sounds of it, it is almost over.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:38 AM
TECH Addict

mine will be here thursday so says ups
Old 06-14-2010, 11:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This makes me happy that I have such a damn good local builder. My transmission went out 3 days before I had to leave for college 400 miles away. I pulled the trans and gave it to him mid day and he had it back to me the next day. That was after he replaced the 3-4 clutch pack, full rebuild kit, new band, and a few other things.

Why did it fail you ask? I brought him a bunch of my own parts and asked him to install them. I neglected to buy a new 3-4 clutch pack and when it failed it took out a bunch of other stuff in the transmission.

Point of the story being, if you know what you're doing, it should be no more than a 3-4 day turnaround
Old 06-14-2010, 12:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bumpers
mine will be here thursday so says ups
So says UPS? In his case & if yours had a delay, it usu. isn't from a freight co. Everyone blames FedEx, UPS, & all the rest of co's in that line of business, when in reality, the shipper sat on product or delayed it. Sure. sometimes they're to blame.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by fastnblu
So says UPS? In his case & if yours had a delay, it usu. isn't from a freight co. Everyone blames FedEx, UPS, & all the rest of co's in that line of business, when in reality, the shipper sat on product or delayed it. Sure. sometimes they're to blame.
it didnt ship till friday june 11th.... i ordered thursday may 27th... i was told i would recive it 7-10 business days from my order and i understand that there was ONE holiday in there but it didnt ship till the 12th business day and wont be here for 3 more business days almost a month after i paid for it but oh well im just happy it is gunna be here and im sure if it holds up as good as it has for most fellas on here i will be more than happy with it it doesnt really matter now though i gotta have a new engine as well so she will prolly be down for another month
Old 06-14-2010, 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Not tryin to bust your chops, but if ya look on brown's website, since I ship w/. them usu., anywhere in the U.S. on their Zone Map, from the most Eastern extreme end to most West end of U.S. or go N-S , it's 6 days max. Hope that helps. Oh, stop breakin all your ****!

EDIT: I just checked it out, from PA to MS, 4 days.

Last edited by fastnblu; 06-15-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 04SilveradoMykk
21 days delivery time (16 business days) is excessive, I've been without my daily driver going on three weeks now. this trans better be bullet proof man.
I would chill, it took 2.5 weeks for a local shop to build my 60e and y ou have a better waranty with performabuilt than I do.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pasadenaman
I would chill, it took 2.5 weeks for a local shop to build my 60e and y ou have a better waranty with performabuilt than I do.
That shop either sucks or is super super busy then.

Quick Reply: PerformaBuilt. Delivery time excessive