Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

PerformaBuilt. Delivery time excessive

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
That shop either sucks or is super super busy then.
agreed. I've found a good builder in town and he says to build my 60e would take 2-3 days and that's with him being extremely busy
Old 06-14-2010, 03:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Not tryin to bust your chops, but if ya look on brown's website, since I ship w/. them usu., anywhere in the U.S. on their Zone Map, from the most Eastern extreme end to most West end of U.S. or go N-S , it's 6 days max. Hope that helps. Oh, stop breakin all your ****!

EDIT: I just checked it out, from PA to MS, 4 days. Also, PB doesn't list a 5 digit Zip Code, so I had to go find that. Man, they make ya jump thru hoops.

the only thing that really has me worried is that when i break it (prolly will cuz i can tear up a anvil with a toothpick) that my trucks gunna be down for like 2 months
Old 06-15-2010, 08:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you break it, swap in a damn 80e fool. sheesh.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

Hopefully my baby truck won't do that
Old 06-15-2010, 09:26 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Bumpers
it didnt ship till friday june 11th.... i ordered thursday may 27th... i was told i would recive it 7-10 business days from my order and i understand that there was ONE holiday in there but it didnt ship till the 12th business day and wont be here for 3 more business days almost a month after i paid for it but oh well im just happy it is gunna be here and im sure if it holds up as good as it has for most fellas on here i will be more than happy with it it doesnt really matter now though i gotta have a new engine as well so she will prolly be down for another month
Umm, yeah. a May 27th order processed next business day to June 11th shipping is 10 business days. Are you guys positive that performabuilt doesnt promiss to ship within 7-10 business days, cause thats what I was told when I bought mine and thats what I got.

and PB's full address and zip code is listed on the bottom of thier website 18249
Old 06-15-2010, 10:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see it now, but it wasn't in other area inside box, betw. 2 sets of pics under Contact. Just down below as u stated.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:09 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

First Off sorry for any delays, I state at the time of the order that the order will generally ship within about 7-10 bussiness days of the order. And in most cases thats true , But we are a shop we build the transmissions we wait on parts at times, We dyno sometimes find some issue that must be delt with so there are variables. Thats why I say Generally 7-10 business days till it ships and not it will ship in 7-10 business days.
I have been in the trans and automotive business since i was 16. I am now 46 one thing I have learned and know better than to do is say anything WILL be done at a particular time. Because it will always most certainly come bite you in the but.
Perhaps however i do need to be more clear and make sure the customer understands that I do say "Generally" and that "ships " means it should ship by that time not be received.
"The transmissions Generally are shipped out within about 7-10 business days of the order and should be received a few days after that excluding holidays"

Addressing how we charge we charge the card at the time of the order. We always have. There are several reasons for this.

1-It makes keeping up with what and whos paid easier than a split charge.

2-While a card number may authorize at the time for a certain amount it may not be good two weeks later for the same amount.

3-Fraudulent card orders yes this really happens more than you think and that time gives the card holder time to notice that and contact us before we actually ship.
Even doing this we lost aproximatley 10000 dollars last year in two stolen card or number purchases made and shipped to what later we found were bogus addresses. Which is also why we now only ship to a business or the cardholders verified address.
We actually just recently had one of these luckily though by the time the card holder contacted us we had shipped it was only one day out heading to california so we were able to retrieve and turn around before it was delivered. By the way law enforcement says "They do not have the reasources to pursue these"

Of course alot again has to do with time. I do all the orders and paper work and make sure all payments are made and verified. This doing it the way we do takes up alot of my time. Doing it a diffeent way would take up alot more of my time. I would rather have that time available to help you when you need something rather than letting you hit the voice mail and calling you back later when possible.

Anway again I opologize for any late shipment as we have been close to capacity for the last couple months which is common this time of the year and in fact its been a much better year than last so we were indeed caught a little as they say with our pants down and got behind. But while we did add and extra work days for a little while there we did not push anyone to hurry and get things done as that has shown to be counter productive in the long run. (hurry equals more mistakes).

To the OP I did opologize about the bell housing , It was to be a freebie and we were gonna send it but at the time I talked to you I had no idea we did not have one. LT-1 BOLT ON BELL I was informed that since we never need the lt-1 bells like that (I think only one other has ask for one in a couple years) they are generally thrown out as scrap aluminum. However we will now be keeping 1 or 2 on hand just in case.

Thanks and I hope this clears everything up for everyone.

(Also to the guy who said 2-3 days for a turn around try that at 15-20 units a week)

Last edited by performabuilt; 06-15-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 04SilveradoMykk
...on 6.03.10 I call Frank to inquire on delivery date. He requests I send an email asking about the delivery date. I send Email, the next day I get a response "Should leave one day next week"...
PB, I'm curious about this part. If someone calls, why not tell them on the spot over phone. Why, the email? Or was it too hectic or is that done on your end so u have a record to prevent an Oops or delay? Just curious, not tryin to be a jerk.

I'm glad u came on to give reply. Kudos!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:36 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Originally Posted by fastnblu
PB, I'm curious about this part. If someone calls, why not tell them on the spot over phone. Why, the email? Or was it too hectic or is that done on your end so u have a record to prevent an Oops or delay? Just curious, not tryin to be a jerk.

I'm glad u came on to give reply. Kudos!
Well honestly you know how I am available 7 days a week from 9 am till 10 pm and sometimes after that, Well I have to have a life too and sometimes I may not be where I can find out the information at that moment. And honestly I take so many calls that if i dont have them send and email when that happens its very possible i will forget . And would not wanna do that or someone would make a thread about it
Old 06-15-2010, 10:42 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good deal Frank.. Glad you came in to clear things up, put things into a perspective for us..

Quick Reply: PerformaBuilt. Delivery time excessive