Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

PerformaBuilt. Delivery time excessive

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 08:03 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In Franks Sig....MOST UNITS SHIP IN 1-2 DAYS OF ORDER

Also the original poster was told it was in stock.

Sounds like false advertising to me. Just saying! Maybe as you have more work you should update your Sig because in my eyes it gives the consumer a false impression. Also do not lie by saying it's in stock just to get the sale. Then again I guess it's all marketing! I'm calling BS on this deal.

Last edited by SHOPDOG; 06-16-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
That shop either sucks or is super super busy then.

What happened is that mine broke down and he had a few ahead of me and I opted to wait.. I bought all the parts my self online, everything but the housing and valve body and output shaft was replaced. The 29 element double sprag that I ordered from pro care was never shipped which delayed my build about a week. Most of that 2.5 weeks was waiting and then there was memorial day holiday weekend in there too.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:46 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SHOPDOG
In Franks Sig....MOST UNITS SHIP IN 1-2 DAYS OF ORDER

Also the original poster was told it was in stock.

Sounds like false advertising to me. Just saying! Maybe as you have more work you should update your Sig because in my eyes it gives the consumer a false impression. Also do not lie by saying it's in stock just to get the sale. Then again I guess it's all marketing! I'm calling BS on this deal.
Its true I have not updated the signature ina while, However I did and do state that the unit will generally ship within about 7-10 business days of the order everytime someone calls.
I suppose I should spend more time making sure all my signatures are constantley updated and less time with customers helping them? I will fix the signature right away and the signatures on the few dozen other forums I post in.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:05 PM
TECH Addict

I'm sorry I guess I just heard what I wanted to hear on my part but I thought that you said would receive in 7-10 days. Oh well mine will be here tomorrow and I can't wait to get it and I jkust picked up a 6.0 to go with it
Old 06-17-2010, 09:24 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

eye <3 performabuilt haha
Old 06-17-2010, 09:42 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
eye <3 performabuilt haha
X2, lol
Old 06-17-2010, 10:52 PM
Launching!

I do not intend to give Frank any more grief than what has already been done. This was just my personal experience, the trans arrived on the 15th as I was told it would. I still feel it took an excessive amount of time to receive the trans, but I do understand how things go. Perhaps, Frank, you should tell your customers that they will receive the trans two-three weeks out instead of 'it will ship in 7-10 days"

This weekend I should be able to drive the truck since installing the trans, I was also redoing the exhaust system at the same time and I just received my new headers today. However, so far, without driving the truck the new trans is leaking dexIII from the front pump seal & tailshaft housing and tailshaft seal. I did end up needing to tighten the pan gasket because the bolts were barely hand tight, perhaps I should have checked the tailshaft housing too? none the less I'm getting excited to see how my new trans performs. I'm actually more concerned how my little 9" 2800rpm stall Road Runner converter behaves in my 4300lb truck

Last edited by 04SilveradoMykk; 06-19-2010 at 01:08 PM.