Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

Speed Engineering problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, i know that now. and people said they fit the new body style but i never thought to ask if it fit a 4wd. Since it said it fit on the website i saw no need to. My American Racing Headers will be in on friday and i can not wait.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I was waiting for you to post up in here. Your mom has quite the mouth on her. I have never talked to you, but the sad part about all this is i gave your mom a complete refund on this as well as paid for the additional shipping back to us. Yes, it took a bit to send the refund, but you know very much why. You sent the headers back Christmas eve and i left we left on vacation the following day. I never even got a chance to look at the headers. I sent you an email however informing you that i will refund the order monday when i return. Your mom sent me email after email while i was on vacation. I answered every single one of them and told her exactly what the status was. On my cell phone by the way in Disney World with my wife, because i didnt want you guys to think i was screwing you over.

Yes, our website was incorrect i was told that they fit the 07-08 trucks as well, so i adjusted our website to help let our customers know. You were the first to tell us they didn't fit the 4wds. We were unaware they didn't fit the 4wd. We have sold several sets to the 2wd guys without any problems.

I dont appreciate you ranting and raving about our customer service when i have gone out of my way to help you guys. The headers are completely damaged and can not be sold as new any more, so we're already taking the loss on that. As well as the additional shipping, that i might add was for some reason twice the price we charged you "86.00" And now your mom is sending me a letter saying saying she is going to take us to court and turn us into the BBB. Come on man this is ridiculous.

I don't know what to say just because in my 6 years of business have never once dealt with anyone so impossible to satisfy. And now your trying to bring down my business by saying Speed Engineering Sucks *****. Grow up knock it off. Here are some pictures of what you sent back to us.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FL.04GMC
i got my cam from them on an ebay auction and it said any off the shelf comp cam or custom grind. i bought it asked for my cam to be ground on a 112 lsa they sent me the off the shelf on a 115. when i sent them an email they gave me some b.s excuse about how when they grind them they can be off like .050. im a machinist and have never seen a tolerence like that on something that would make such a difference on the way that the cam performs. in my shop that would be a paper weight! since it took me 2 months to get it in the first place i didnt want to send it back and deal with getting a new one so i just installed it anyway. just my two cents.
I dont remember which order this was, but Comp has specific lobe numbers they grind. You cant just make up what ever your want. I am assuming the specs you sent us were not a lobe Comp offered. We probably ground the closest lobe we could to what your specs you listed were.

Sean
Old 01-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn had to get moma duke involved, hahahahaha MOMMMY.. I had a similar prob with a sponsor on here, it was delt with in a good manner, I was happy. seems that SE made it right for ya...

Last edited by Mangled03gmc; 01-12-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:28 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, there does look to be some damage on those pipes....Thanks for replying Sean, it looks to me you did all you could do to correct things in a professional manner.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

glad to see every story has 2 sides.....

i actually didnt place an order today after reading this....

seems like they do provide excellent customer service afterall...
Old 01-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Launching!

I had them professionally installed and they scratched them during the install. they tried every way possible to make them work. i was out a $150 and they didnt add a damn thing to my truck. Man i was pissed, yes it was during the christmas break but it all comes down to accurate info on your website. As a owner you should know not to ship a box that says 99-04 on the side of it. That is just common sense to me? My mom was drawn into this mainly because i am a college student without alot of money and dont have a $150 to just **** away. She is a CFO of a corporate company and knew alot more about dealing with problems like this than i did. Not to mention it was her money, cause they were my christmas present.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

if it said 99-04 on the box, why did you try installing them.....

There are errors on websites all the time regarding applications. This is a great reason why this forum is useful. I do think SE has some fault in this, because of them listing them to fit your truck, but you said it yourself, its on the damn box.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sean
PM me what you will sell those headers for.thanks
Old 01-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sharpshooter
Sean
PM me what you will sell those headers for.thanks
No kidding, I might be interested for a friend.

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering problems