Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

TBSS engine blown

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 02:34 AM
Tribe Shaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would like to know more about this as others would also
because i am interested in an STS kit for when i build a new motor.

tirkob1 from what i get from your statments is that Z-rated is the company that did the install work, the kit that Z-rated used came from STS, and it was tuned by someone named Rick.

now STS states they never touched your ride, only sold Z-rated a unaversal turbo kit.
but you state that your ride was blown at STS while being tuned by Rick.

what i am trying to understand is, after Z-rated installed the system, was your ride taken to a diffrent shop to be tuned by someone named Rick, or was it tuned at Z-rated's shop by someone visiting named Rick that does coustom tuning?
and.
did your motor blow because of a bad kit?
or did your motor blow because someone put the wrong numbers in to the computer?
Old 11-16-2006, 09:14 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IT sounds like the engines failed due to lack of oil. At least that is what I gathered..
Old 11-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Teching In

Email from 29 Sep. a couple of days before engine was damaged.

I drove the truck today, filled it with fuel as it was completely empty. It has a check engine light which we are looking into. There is also an issue with clearance near the driveline which we are looking into. Will probably be able to have truck back to you by mid week. Depending on what has to happen with the clearance issue (possibly making new pipe), this can be done quickly but coating that pipe will take some time so you may have to have that pipe swapped out again after a coated one gets back from HPC. You apparently want this tuned at 8 psi? I will need clearance issue solved before I can turn up the boost. Should know more later today or Monday.

Best Regards,

Rick Squires

Squires Turbo Systems, Inc

165 N. 1330 W. Suite A-4

Orem, Utah 84057

Phone: 866-WE TURBO

Fax: (801) 607-6846

www.STSTurbo.com

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, September 29, 2006 1:43 PM
To: Rick Squires
Subject: Re: trailblazer ss

Will it be complete? I am being told there is a issue with clearance.

To: 'R M TIRKO'

Sent: Friday, September 29, 2006 8:34 AM

Subject: RE: trailblazer ss

Hi Bob, I am returning to work today from being out of town for a week. I’ll be a fair amount behind so let’s shoot for having it ready middle of next week.

Best Regards,

Rick Squires

Squires Turbo Systems, Inc

165 N. 1330 W. Suite A-4

Orem, Utah 84057

Phone: 866-WE TURBO

Fax: (801) 607-6846

www.STSTurbo.com

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 11:49 AM
To: rick@ststurbo.com
Subject: trailblazer ss

Rick this is Bob Tirko. I own the trailblazer ss that you have at your shop. I was wondering how long the tune will take.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:04 PM
Teching In

Look, I am not the bad guy they would have you all to believe. I have been more than patient with both parties. I paid for this system in full on 3 Aug 06. to the tune of $12,000! On a side note I am not made out of money(enlisted USAF). This price was to include tuning by Rick Squires. Yes Rick I have this in writing signed by Dave. When the first truck engine was damaged I was told not to worry that they have it figured out, and that my engine would be replaced if it happened to mine. I decided to go along with this. The truck was at Squires being tuned by Rick when the engine was damaged. I have pictures to prove this. After the engine was damaged the kit was removed and the truck was taken to a dealership for warranty work. The truck was returned to me last week, and I was told that the engine was replaced. Dave told me to put some miles on it before he puts the kit back on. The next day the engine developed a bad oil leak, and I called Dave to find out where it was taken. I took the truck there and that is when I found out about the rebuild (truck is still at dealership). This was the last straw and I asked Dave to refund my money. Dave told me that the money was spent on the kit, and that he couldnt refund it. These are all facts! Nothing I said in this forum was made up or fabricated by me. I never wanted to go down this road, but I was left with no choice. I dont want anything like this to happen to any of you.

Note: Dave or Rick stop calling the dealership impersonating me and my wife. If you want to know something about the truck call me.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:05 PM
Teching In

ZRated sold a universal kit to Bob. Dave at ZR asked me if I would tune the truck. I sent ZR a base tune so they could drive the truck down. The truck was brought down to STS with turbo system installed and left for several days for tuning (I had been out of town so with catch up it was something I was trying to fit in to help ZR and the customer). There was a clearance issue on the installation that had the WG closer to the driveline than I was comfortable with which needed to be taken care of before I felt good about driving and testing the truck. I told ZR about the issue and said I would have my guys see if it was something we could just adjust and if not they would have to pick up the truck, repair that and bring it back in. Seems like we ended up manuevering things around to get a little more clearance temporarily and informed ZR that they would need to make permanent fix when they got it back. I drove the truck and started tuning process. Within around 20-30 miles the engine developed a lower end rod knock. Tune at that point was still very conservative as I was mostly working on drivability and hadn't finished WOT tuning or turned boost up yet. I stopped the tuning process, called ZR and informed them that the engine had oiling system issues/lower end issues and that I could not continue the tuning and they needed to pick the truck up - which they did.

I spent quite a bit of time with Bob and with Dave at ZRated over the last few days trying to get all the details out on the table and help resolve the issues. Obviously some miscommunication/misunderstandings to deal with in any situation like this. Seems like things are coming closer to resolution.

Rick Squires
Squires Turbo Systems, Inc.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Teching In

Unbelievable! They took my receipt for the turbo from my trucks glovebox while it was at the dealership for the oil leak!
Old 11-18-2006, 09:39 PM
Tribe Shaman

you do have some kind of proof that money exchanged hands don't you?
check, money order, credit card statment, cashiers check.
as long as you have one of them your still in good shape.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:59 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Where has Zrated been in all this, seems like the problems with the engine came about from a botched install of a universal STS kit. They are who I'd be pursuing even though STS did have the truck the only thing they were supposed to do was tune it. It sounds like Rick tried to help out with some clearance issues that Zrated did but, that does not make him responsible for the entire mechanical condition of the Zrated installed kit. Now, if the engine was damaged do to a bad tune I'd say you have a beef with STS over the engine but, from everything I've read it was damaged do to a engine oiling problem.

Also, if you're looking to get your $12K back you should go after Zrated who from what I've read is who you paid the money to originally correct?

I certainly hope you get a new engine and your turbo kit back once this is all settled or a new engine at least if you do end up getting your money back from Zrated.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:34 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

tirkob - Let's please keep the replies to facts and new information.

Thank you.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:52 PM
Teching In

Bob, I have never even met you. I haven't taken money from you. My only involvement here was trying to help one of my dealers and their customer, which I would have been glad to do had you just called me and asked me to try and help.

Instead you tried to force me to get involved by portraying on the forum that you were dealing directly with STS and that all of these 'issues' were with STS rather than ZRated.

You deceptively led everyone to believe that STS used your vehicle as a prototype and was paid directly by you to do so when none of that has any truth to it.

In our phone conversations you have threatened to sue me and you have threatened to post more crap on the Internet to try and tarnish our good reputation.

You have accused me of blowing up your engine while tuning which never 'blew up'.

You have accused me of calling the dealership and 'impersonating' you and your wife.

You have illegally posted confidential information on the Internet (you might want to read the disclaimer on the bottom of my emails to you) and now you accuse us of breaking into your car at the dealership and stealing a receipt? Are you kidding?!!!

I always bend over backwards to help my dealer's and their customers. I wanted nothing more than to have you get the truck finished properly so you could get what you paid for and enjoy a turbocharged vehicle. But, since this was not done at STS, I don't have much control over any of that. At this point, I've been told that your engine has been repaired by the GM dealership (except for an oil leak from an installation error by the GM dealer - which I understand is currently being fixed.) and ZRated is waiting to put the turbo system back on the truck as soon as you have a few miles on it. The truck is still under warranty and apparently the engine is running fine. All you had to do was just let ZRated finish the job you paid them to do. But at this point, I don't think you want help - you just want to complain.

Rick Squires
Squires Turbo Systems, Inc.

Quick Reply: TBSS engine blown