Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

TBSS engine blown

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Bob, I have never even met you. I haven't taken money from you. My only involvement here was trying to help one of my dealers and their customer, which I would have been glad to do had you just called me and asked me to try and help."

Right! your help was to email me after the engine was DAMAGED and tell me it is out of your hands. I tried working things out with you! In fact you actually caused more trouble than anything else.

"Instead you tried to force me to get involved by portraying on the forum that you were dealing directly with STS and that all of these 'issues' were with STS rather than ZRated."

Wrong! IMO you are both at fault.

"You deceptively led everyone to believe that STS used your vehicle as a prototype and was paid directly by you to do so when none of that has any truth to it."

I never tried to imply I paid you. Can you tell me the diffrences in the kit that I had compared to the one you will market, and why you would want to tune it, without recieving any money for it?

"In our phone conversations you have threatened to sue me and you have threatened to post more crap on the Internet to try and tarnish our good reputation."

You are correct I am going to sue, but I never once threatened to post more crap!

"You have accused me of blowing up your engine while tuning which never 'blew up'."

Who had the truck when the engine was DAMAGED? What would you call Bent rods, and damaged pistons?

"You have accused me of calling the dealership and 'impersonating' you and your wife."

Wrong I said either you or Dave. I think this was actually Dave.

"You have illegally posted confidential information on the Internet (you might want to read the disclaimer on the bottom of my emails to you) and now you accuse us of breaking into your car at the dealership and stealing a receipt? Are you kidding?!!!"

I could care less about your disclaimer. No, I said they took the reciept.

"ZRated is waiting to put the turbo system back on the truck as soon as you have a few miles on it. The truck is still under warranty and apparently the engine is running fine. All you had to do was just let ZRated finish the job you paid them to do. But at this point, I don't think you want help - you just want to complain."

I talked with the mechanic that rebuilt my engine, and he said I will probably have troubles with this engine in the future. I dont think I want to put a turbo on this truck now. No matter how you slice this or dice this you and Dave screwed me, took my money(you did get some), lied to me, destroyed my engine, and you are right I want to complain.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:29 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Got an update for us?
Old 11-26-2006, 01:35 AM
Restricted User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WTF why didnt they just give him a new motor? they messed up in the first place then bring it to the dealer to get warranty work. Thats shady right there no wonder gm is cracking down in aftermarket parts warranty work. They messed up the motor they should have just fixed it with a new engine and not pass it off to gm as a mess up from them.

my main question is???????? WHERE IS THIS 12000 BUCKS?? THERE is no way pipes and a turbo, intercooler, tune is 12000 bucks. This company sounds very fishy.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:56 PM
Launching!

Wow,.. sounds like a lot of bullcrap if you ask me.

So is this accurate? ZRated was paid for the STS universal kit and they did the install. Rick was supposed to tune it, but needed to fix a few glitches caused by ZRated during the install process. The vehicle was drivien from ZRated to STS with a base tune provided by STS. The engine developed a knock while on the engine dyno and being tuned by Rick @ STS....

Sounds like ZRated tried to make a kit work that and that the engine was damaged in the process of being tuned. I think it was also shitty of them to remove the turbo setup and force the GM dealer to fix it under warranty. It is obvious that the damage was caused by the aftermarket parts,... no wonder why GM cracks down and is going bankrupt.

Folks, you gotta pay to play. If you want a turbo, a blower, or some giggle juice,.. stop trying to get GM to fix your **** ups.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:56 PM
Launching!

I am also glad that I got my Maggie...
Old 11-26-2006, 08:09 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Tirkob1 or Rick or Zrated - Are there any updates on this issue?

Please, no more opinions of what/who is right or wrong. Let the parties involved post updates it there are any.

Thanks

ADMIN
Old 12-11-2006, 10:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is going on with this issue?
Old 12-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Teching In

I plan on allowing Z-rated to complete the install after I put a few more miles on the rebuild. I changed the oil last weekend, and could'nt believe the amount of metal in the oil filter. I am hoping the dealer did'nt change it. Only updates are Rick basically washed his hands of this whole situation, and refused to tune it. Does anybody know a good tuner in the Vegas area capable of tuning my truck with the turbo? I cant find any here in Utah.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:57 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know of one in the Reno area, or what about a mail order?
Old 12-24-2006, 01:55 AM
Tribe Shaman

Originally Posted by tirkob1
I plan on allowing Z-rated to complete the install after I put a few more miles on the rebuild. I changed the oil last weekend, and could'nt believe the amount of metal in the oil filter. I am hoping the dealer did'nt change it. Only updates are Rick basically washed his hands of this whole situation, and refused to tune it. Does anybody know a good tuner in the Vegas area capable of tuning my truck with the turbo? I cant find any here in Utah.

I know my advice on this way too late.

STOP DRIVING THE TRUCK. DO NOT DRIVE IT ANY MORE.

Metal in the oil filter is most likely from the oil pump.
the way an oil filter is set up at the factory includes a bypass spring
In the oil filter for when the oil is cold and really thick or when the filter is clogged.
It is their to make sure you do not burn up the motor for the lack of oiling.

if the filter is full of metal their is a very good chance that this valve has opened
And the metal is now in your primary oiling system.
The more you drive the truck, the more damage your doing to the bearings.
Cam, crank, rods, and lifters and so on.

To put it very short, YOUR MOTOR IS **** NOW.
The only way to fix this is to do a complete rebuild or buy a new motor.
what ever was done at the dealership to fix the problems before has created
A whole new problem.

if you do a search, you will find what happened to others
That found metal in their oil filter, each case had the same ending.
New motor or rebuild.

Quick Reply: TBSS engine blown