Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

🖕 Texas Speed 🖕 😡😡

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2022, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 🖕 Texas Speed 🖕 😡😡

**** Texas Speed and Performance 😡😡🤬🤬

These ******* clowns offer absolutely no product support when their **** doesn't fit properly. I bought a set of their 1-3/4 headers with matching y-pipe to put on my truck. Passenger side header had to be heated and bent in because it was all up on top of the frame rail. Drivers side is shown below, they put the damn O2 sensor bung in the 12 o'clock position on the collector and you can't put an O2 sensor in it like that. There's physically no room for it to go without the wires being crushed, the bung needs to be mounted @ the 10:30 position to clear everything properly. Called them and sent them these same pics and they said that it's how they're supposed to fit........wtf??? If I would have known this I would have just gotten Speed Engineering headers and saved 280 or so. I'll never buy **** from these ******** again. 🖕 🖕

Last edited by Gbody6liter; 03-28-2022 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-28-2022, 05:04 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 786 Likes on 652 Posts

Just an FYI Speed Engineering's Chinese junk has similar issues from what I have read... There bung is also on the top.
Old 03-28-2022, 05:41 PM
On The Tree

Yes that's precisely why I spent more on TSP vs the SE, to avoid that exact issue. Can't believe these POS have the same exact problem. Their suggestion was to take a ******* hammer to my floorpan and "give it the clearance". Like seriously! How about you go **** yourself until you make a proper set of headers! It's such a simple fix to boot. I just can't fathom a company can't own up to a shitty designed product. It's a blatant design flaw through and through.
Old 03-28-2022, 06:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,502 Likes on 1,101 Posts

I have had issues with TSP as well, and they also told me to pound sand

I have their 1 7/8 on my Tahoe and the sensor is vertical as well, but it's about an inch or so forward from hitting the floor pan on my truck
Old 03-28-2022, 06:27 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 786 Likes on 652 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbody6liter
Yes that's precisely why I spent more on TSP vs the SE, to avoid that exact issue. Can't believe these POS have the same exact problem. Their suggestion was to take a ******* hammer to my floorpan and "give it the clearance". Like seriously! How about you go **** yourself until you make a proper set of headers! It's such a simple fix to boot. I just can't fathom a company can't own up to a shitty designed product. It's a blatant design flaw through and through.
Most likely the same Chinese company making them. They Probably don't want to pay the company to fix it or don't own the rights to make changes to whom ever took it over there.
Old 03-28-2022, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

Well it's still easily some of the shittiest "customer service" I've ever experienced, next to SE. I'll never buy any of their **** ever again. I'll go with BTR instead. It just blows my mind how "that's how they are supposed to fit" when it's blatantly clear, they can't possibly fit that way..........
Old 03-28-2022, 08:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 254 Likes on 165 Posts

Man this is bad to hear but I really appreciate the feedback Gbody. I have actually entertained the ides of ordering a 416 LB from them since last night because I can't really see 22k for LME even though it's probably worth it. I know its a different product but really. Customer service is customer service. What do you think Brick? I've seen a couple situations where they have told people to basically Fk off. I will lose money on a job before I do that **** in my business.
The following 2 users liked this post by ZO6Ted:
Gbody6liter (03-29-2022), Smithsonite (07-13-2022)
Old 03-29-2022, 01:15 AM
On The Tree

The most really fucked part is I just asked for a partial refund of just 200-250 to cover the xtra labor charge of pulling it back off and me having to re-engineer their shitty design and then re-install it yet again. That's when they told me on the phone literally, well you're past the 30 day return window, and they've been installed. Then, well​​​ I talked to my supervisor and he said that's how they are supposed to fit. And the ******* proverbial icing on the cake, well you can just use a hammer and bend your floor upwards to make clearance. Like what in the holy ****?? So I will fix this pos design myself, take pictures of the proper fix and show them what a bunch of dumb **** retards they are saying that it can't be over there for "clearance".
The following users liked this post:
Chrisbequick (02-28-2023)
Old 03-29-2022, 01:33 AM
100% Redneck

Received 1,334 Likes on 794 Posts

In the long Speed Engineering dual exhaust thread... SE used buyers input and changed the design a couple times. I know one of the changes was o2 placement but can't remember which side. There was also fitment issues when using aftermarket motor mounts or having old collapsed mounts. My 2wd drivers side o2 is close to the floorpan but I've had no issues with the wires hitting and being damaged.
Old 03-29-2022, 01:45 AM
On The Tree

How new are your mounts? Mine are brand new, like literally had them put in that day. If the mounts are worn (passenger side was shot) then the sensor will actually sit lower because of engine sag. For my ride, there's just absolutely no way, no how a sensor can possibly fit there unless the engine itself sat about a full inch lower.

Quick Reply: 🖕 Texas Speed 🖕 😡😡