Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

🖕 Texas Speed 🖕 😡😡

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2022, 02:01 AM
100% Redneck

Received 1,334 Likes on 794 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbody6liter
How new are your mounts? Mine are brand new, like literally had them put in that day. If the mounts are worn (passenger side was shot) then the sensor will actually sit lower because of engine sag. For my ride, there's just absolutely no way, no how a sensor can possibly fit there unless the engine itself sat about a full inch lower.
I did the V6 to V8 swap in 2018 and are still using the mounts that came on the 2005 salvage motor. This is my 2nd set of SE headers and both fit exactly the same with no issues. First set was 1-3/4 and when I went with aftermarket heads I upped to the 1-7/8 primaries. I did have to remove both heat shields from the bottom of the firewall for clearance.
Old 03-29-2022, 11:30 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 786 Likes on 652 Posts

Originally Posted by ZO6Ted
Man this is bad to hear but I really appreciate the feedback Gbody. I have actually entertained the ides of ordering a 416 LB from them since last night because I can't really see 22k for LME even though it's probably worth it. I know its a different product but really. Customer service is customer service. What do you think Brick? I've seen a couple situations where they have told people to basically Fk off. I will lose money on a job before I do that **** in my business.
A motor is a huge purchase. As you said, Customer service is customer service... Most of those that can afford to purchase a motor can barely only afford to do it once. Always do as much research as possible when making a decision like that.

That being said. I have some of the worst luck when it comes to paying others to do things for me... I did purchase it a stock-ish short block from SDPC and it seems to be ok for what it is. I have never run it though... That's a whole other issue. The motor is completed but waiting to be Dyno'd. Of course the cost of engine exceeds the cost of the truck and is too much$$$ for a truck that sits on the street. Although it should break some hearts...

Just last week I went to install piston rings and hang the pistons in there bore when I discovered the Oil rings were not correct... It appears they put smaller rings in the 4.030 box. So the gap was around .058 when it should not exceed .030...

Last edited by 1FastBrick; 03-29-2022 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-29-2022, 12:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,502 Likes on 1,101 Posts

I spent ~3700 with TSP for a 408 bottom end kit and the reluctor wheel is wrong

Nothing is perfect, but the way they handled it realllllly bugged me. Plus their shipping charges are just straight up dumb. $32 to ship pushrods? lol
Old 03-29-2022, 08:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,278 Likes on 975 Posts

The SE headers I had zero issues with the O2 sensor placement, the passenger side is kind of close to the frame rail but nothing wild. I will have to massage one of the primaries though since it touches the frame. I did replace my motor mounts and that did not fix my issue either.
Old 03-29-2022, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you post pics of the O2 sensor placement on those? I'm curious as to how they changed them around.
Old 03-29-2022, 08:57 PM
TECH Veteran

I think they are the same as what you were talking about but I don't remember them being irritating. Let me take a picture
The following users liked this post:
GREENSIERRA (04-07-2022)
Old 03-29-2022, 09:05 PM
TECH Veteran

My passenger side picture is too big apparently but here is the driver side
Old 03-29-2022, 09:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 254 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
A motor is a huge purchase. As you said, Customer service is customer service... Most of those that can afford to purchase a motor can barely only afford to do it once. Always do as much research as possible when making a decision like that.

That being said. I have some of the worst luck when it comes to paying others to do things for me... I did purchase it a stock-ish short block from SDPC and it seems to be ok for what it is. I have never run it though... That's a whole other issue. The motor is completed but waiting to be Dyno'd. Of course the cost of engine exceeds the cost of the truck and is too much$$$ for a truck that sits on the street. Although it should break some hearts...

Just last week I went to install piston rings and hang the pistons in there bore when I discovered the Oil rings were not correct... It appears they put smaller rings in the 4.030 box. So the gap was around .058 when it should not exceed .030...
That crap is unacceptable imo. Thanks for that.

Originally Posted by arthursc2
I spent ~3700 with TSP for a 408 bottom end kit and the reluctor wheel is wrong

Nothing is perfect, but the way they handled it realllllly bugged me. Plus their shipping charges are just straight up dumb. $32 to ship pushrods? lol
Glad you were paying attention! I think this and Bricks post makes my decision a no for either one. Any word on Strictly Performance Motorsports in Kalamazoo MI or even Golen? Thompson Motorsports? Hate not to do business in Tx. Sorry OP just trying to spread some Vendor knowledge sir.
The following users liked this post:
Gbody6liter (03-29-2022)
Old 03-29-2022, 09:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,502 Likes on 1,101 Posts

I found out about it after the motor was in the car lmao. I'll be fixing it in June. Finally
Old 03-29-2022, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shakenfake

My passenger side picture is too big apparently but here is the driver side
Now if mine had that kind of clearance, then I wouldn't be in this situation at all. That's a **** sight better than mine is.

Quick Reply: 🖕 Texas Speed 🖕 😡😡