Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

🖕 Texas Speed 🖕 😡😡

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2022, 11:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,278 Likes on 975 Posts

Yeah I have heard a lot of bad things about TSP headers personally. SE worked perfect for me and we are working to figure out why my primary touches the frame
Old 03-30-2022, 11:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 254 Likes on 165 Posts

A side note few yrs back a car mag like Car Craft or HR did a dyno on headers that had to be hammered to fit. Don't remember details but they found no appreciable difference in performance from beating them with a hammer. Pretty strange I know.
Old 03-30-2022, 11:34 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 786 Likes on 652 Posts

Originally Posted by ZO6Ted
That crap is unacceptable imo. Thanks for that.

Glad you were paying attention! I think this and Bricks post makes my decision a no for either one. Any word on Strictly Performance Motorsports in Kalamazoo MI or even Golen? Thompson Motorsports? Hate not to do business in Tx. Sorry OP just trying to spread some Vendor knowledge sir.
Golen I think has done a few engines for guys on here and the tech side as well. I believe they are mostly good things I have heard with a negative here and there.

Thompson is hit and miss from what I have heard. Some are real happy, other's disappointed from the start. Personally some of the things I have heard them state about there own product, I would look else where. That just my personal opinion. I have no real world experience with them.

Strictly performance is a newer player. They were on the site for a while. I have not used or heard of any feedback yet. Some of the things sound good coming from them so far but nothing to back that up. I believe they sent Richard Holdner a motor to use for testing at one point. It might have been on that Cadillac STS ebay Blower. I would have to look into that.

Last edited by 1FastBrick; 03-30-2022 at 11:54 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ZO6Ted (03-30-2022)
Old 03-30-2022, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 88 Likes on 55 Posts

This sounds like a **** show, sorry your going through it. Just throwing in my 2 cents, I was on budget on my lq9 build and did pace setter headers 1 7/8 they fit nice but I think the bung is on top as well. But hasnt posed a problem. Might buy something new in future, but will stay away from TSP thanks!
Gbody6liter (03-30-2022)
Old 03-30-2022, 04:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah with customer service as shitty as this, I would refrain from anyone giving these ******** a penny of your hard earned money.
Old 03-30-2022, 11:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 128 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by shakenfake
Yeah I have heard a lot of bad things about TSP headers personally. SE worked perfect for me and we are working to figure out why my primary touches the frame
I'm confused.. "worked perfect for me" but "working to figure out why my primary touches the frame"

lolwut?

Richard
Old 03-31-2022, 06:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,278 Likes on 975 Posts

@someotherguy I guess the $400 price tag allowed me to over look that
I got my hammer with me
someotherguy (03-31-2022)
Old 03-31-2022, 08:45 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbody6liter
**** Texas Speed and Performance 😡😡🤬🤬

These ******* clowns offer absolutely no product support when their **** doesn't fit properly. I bought a set of their 1-3/4 headers with matching y-pipe to put on my truck. Passenger side header had to be heated and bent in because it was all up on top of the frame rail. Drivers side is shown below, they put the damn O2 sensor bung in the 12 o'clock position on the collector and you can't put an O2 sensor in it like that. There's physically no room for it to go without the wires being crushed, the bung needs to be mounted @ the 10:30 position to clear everything properly. Called them and sent them these same pics and they said that it's how they're supposed to fit........wtf??? If I would have known this I would have just gotten Speed Engineering headers and saved 280 or so. I'll never buy **** from these ******** again. 🖕 🖕

Is your transmission crossmember in place in this picture? A fresh transmission mount might be enough to get the sensor out of your floor. it looks like 1* of trans output shaft adjustment would make the sensor clear. Still a PITA to get to but at least it wouldn't be touching your floor. I hate to say it, but this is what happens when you're on a pacesetter budget expecting Kooks quality.
joom (03-31-2022)
Old 03-31-2022, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 380 Likes on 292 Posts

I bought cam, spring, and a fully balanced rotating assembly from TSP. I was very happy with how they took care of me.
Old 03-31-2022, 09:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,502 Likes on 1,101 Posts

Did they put your reluctor wheel on properly tho? 🤣

To be fair, 100% fair- I have been happy with TSP parts and quality and honestly the fitment too

My gripe is/was that back in 2016, $3700 was no joke a lot of money. Money I spent 1x hoping to have to ply spend 1x, right?

But then there was a fatal, assumed error- and when confronted about it they told me "good luck" and wanted to charge me to fix it lol

I'll likely buy from them again, eventually. But they didn't earn their keep on helping me with what I can only assume is their bullshit. I didn't put the reluctor wheel on their crank lol. They did that.

Quick Reply: 🖕 Texas Speed 🖕 😡😡