Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

🖕 Texas Speed 🖕 😡😡

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2022, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 380 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by arthursc2
Did they put your reluctor wheel on properly tho? 🤣

To be fair, 100% fair- I have been happy with TSP parts and quality and honestly the fitment too

My gripe is/was that back in 2016, $3700 was no joke a lot of money. Money I spent 1x hoping to have to ply spend 1x, right?

But then there was a fatal, assumed error- and when confronted about it they told me "good luck" and wanted to charge me to fix it lol

I'll likely buy from them again, eventually. But they didn't earn their keep on helping me with what I can only assume is their bullshit. I didn't put the reluctor wheel on their crank lol. They did that.
Yes they did, also a 24x wheel :p, this was circa 2018
The following users liked this post:
arthursc2 (03-31-2022)
Old 03-31-2022, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
Is your transmission crossmember in place in this picture? A fresh transmission mount might be enough to get the sensor out of your floor. it looks like 1* of trans output shaft adjustment would make the sensor clear. Still a PITA to get to but at least it wouldn't be touching your floor. I hate to say it, but this is what happens when you're on a pacesetter budget expecting Kooks quality.
Yes everything was secured with new mounts front and rear.
Old 03-31-2022, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

So the drama ensues. At least I got to speak with Gary @ TSP and showed him all the pics I have taken thus far. He first said that they fit no issues as he just installed some a week or so ago. I explained to him all of the issues I am coming against and he didn't want to hear me at first, but once I calmed down and explained things in detail and sent him the pics, he understood the problems I've been up against. So here's the latest pics. Now I know in their website, it states "4x4 and lifted trucks may require minor modifications". What would you guys deem "minor"?
Here's the pics I took today and the y-pipe absolutely doesn't fit at all, even with the front DS out of the way. Everything is cockeyed and out of alignment. However, Gary did offer to refund me 300 back to go towards getting a new y-pipe fitted up. Can you guys make any sense of this at all?

Old 04-01-2022, 08:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,278 Likes on 975 Posts

First two pics look like my SE headers basically. Since yours is a 1999 I want to relay what I was told by SE.
Originally Posted by Marcus@Speed Engineering
Curious if you might have some kind of mixture of an earlier chassis and 00's chassis.
They even asked if my truck started as a V8, said that they thought the engine placement or the frame looked strange. I know this doesn't help you much but just wanted to let you know.

I can't ******* quote your pictures but where is that y-pipe gap at?
Old 04-01-2022, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by shakenfake
First two pics look like my SE headers basically. Since yours is a 1999 I want to relay what I was told by SE. They even asked if my truck started as a V8, said that they thought the engine placement or the frame looked strange. I know this doesn't help you much but just wanted to let you know.

I can't ******* quote your pictures but where is that y-pipe gap at?
There are gaps in every slip fit connection. Nothing lines up straight on the collectors and the x-over pipe is too damn short, it doesn't even reach inside of the slip fit section but 3/4". At this point I'm about ready to throw in the towel and put my stock **** back on. The passenger header being so close to the floorpan and so close to the frame, to replace that O2 sensor will require removal of the header. That's no good.
Old 04-01-2022, 09:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Yeah that was the issue with mine too. This is gonna sound retarded but when looking underneath the car do the headers point back parallel or more like this

You see how the passenger side is angled outwards? That is how mine was and I could never figure out why.

Also I had gaps in all the y-pipe connectors, could never get the muffler lined up either. But someone at the trans shop was able to slip them all in no problemo so I think I am just an idiot.
Old 04-01-2022, 09:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,502 Likes on 1,101 Posts

I am just an idiot.
Not only does it sound retarded, it also looks retarded
Old 04-01-2022, 10:03 AM
TECH Veteran

It makes no sense but I swear to God that is how it is

I can't draw either. I know you guys love my artwork though so I think sometimes I choose to make it even extra shitty.
The following users liked this post:
ZO6Ted (04-01-2022)
Old 04-01-2022, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

No mine comes straight back for the most part, it's angled upwards towards the floorpan and sits way higher than the drivers side.
Old 04-01-2022, 02:04 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,334 Likes on 794 Posts

I good muffler shop can fix all those issues with a couple small bends in the Y-pipe and welding in o2 bungs for clearance/access. Or you could take TSP's three hun and order the Speed Engineering headers then unload the TSP's on craigslist.

Also I had gaps in all the y-pipe connectors, could never get the muffler lined up either. But someone at the trans shop was able to slip them all in no problemo so I think I am just an idiot.
You're not an idiot you just need more time in the gym bro

🖕 Texas Speed 🖕 😡😡-fugy83e.jpg
The following 2 users liked this post by RedXray:
shakenfake (04-01-2022), Smithsonite (07-13-2022)

Quick Reply: 🖕 Texas Speed 🖕 😡😡