Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

Xenon Gate

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xenon Gate

I'm posting to see if anyone has had any simliar issues with Xenon Gate. I bought a kit a little more than a month ago and the passenger side light doesn't work. I've sent PM's to Reno to get this kit swapped and there are 3-4 day delays in his response. I still have yet to have my questions answered about the restocking fee, if he will give me a refund since I emailed him about the problem within 30 days of having the kit, etc..

It's taken long enough to where I don't even want to swap the headlights out anymore because I've had to hassle with the kit and company so much. I just want my money back and I will gladly ship him the kit if the restocking fee and shipping cost they don't cost half of the original $75 a paid for the kit.

Last edited by SmokedSierra01; 05-07-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased a kit from them last week.. Ordered it on a sunday and it was here on weds.. Also Reno returned all of my calls, pm's Duno man sorry bout your shity luck..
Old 05-07-2009, 02:18 PM
TECH Junkie

reno HAS NOT pmed me back from probly two weeks ago.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
I purchased a kit from them last week.. Ordered it on a sunday and it was here on weds.. Also Reno returned all of my calls, pm's Duno man sorry bout your shity luck..
Yeah I will agree that Reno is quick when it comes to shipping and communication up front when he is selling you the item. I left him a PM the day he started running his special and he called me that evening and shipped everything out quickly. He made sure that the product got there so I have no complaints about the sale. That is why at first I just wanted to swap out the lights. What's the point quick shipping and good communication up front if the lights don't work? Now I have a $75 paperweight.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so your saying the lights don't work when you plug them in??? If thats the case you need to put the plug from you fact harness in to the box, 180 deg. Make it so the clip is on the opp side then its posed to be on... Mine did work either, i did that and they work like a charm.. I did have to modifiy the blocks or the tabs that are there so that the harness clips would go over them and click.. Sounds funny but once you look at them you will see...
Old 05-08-2009, 12:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I know what problem you are talking about and the happened when I installed another kit on my old truck about 2 years ago. I flipped the plugs and the problem was fixed. I now have a new Yukon and I've written a detailed description of what happened to the light to Reno. Here is an abridged version:

I got the 6000k H11 lights and installed them on the truck. I checked to make sure both lit up before I put screwed the headlights back in. Everything worked perfectly so I was very satisfied with everything. A few days later the lights made a weird "flickering" during the time they normally heat up. Then either the passenger side or drivers side light would not turn on. I would turn off the lights for about 20 seconds and then they would do that flickering and turn back on. I disconnected the whole kit, made sure there were no obstructions, and put the kit back together. The passenger side lamp no longer turns on but the driver side does. Since they are single beam, not bi xenon, I checked both halogen high beams and they worked so I know it's not a connection issue.

I had a simliar plug and play kit with my old 01 Sierra w/ automatic lights for 2 years and never had an issue.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Still no response....does anyone know what this guys restocking fee is for returned items? The communication is horrible with this sponsor, I would not recommend buying from him at all
Old 05-11-2009, 06:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Me tooo. I have pmed him twice with NO reply at all to either.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

any follow ups to these problems? wanting to purchase a kit, but waiting to see how he deals with your problems
Old 05-20-2009, 08:57 AM
formerly 2004RST (changed 11/19/2012)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would talk to silver-mod-o with these problems if you have not yet...i believe he also purchased some from him maybe he has a different way to contact?

Quick Reply: Xenon Gate