STS Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 04:38 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should be making 600rwhp in your sleep with that thing. SRT-10 vipers with a simple paxton kit and some tuning are making over 700rwhp all day long on pump gas. Those motors will take a heck of a lot more than your giving it credit for.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigPurp
You should be making 600rwhp in your sleep with that thing. SRT-10 vipers with a simple paxton kit and some tuning are making over 700rwhp all day long on pump gas. Those motors will take a heck of a lot more than your giving it credit for.
You can always give it more boost and a more aggressive tune but we're talking everyday driver, stop and go, long cruise reliability here in a relatively mild street tune. All the Viper experts from John Hennessey to Sean Roe to DC Performance to Rick Squires agree that 7 lbs is max for a stock 9.6:1 engine that you intend to drive to a long, healthy old age. At $15K - $20K for a stock engine I can't afford to go breaking this thing every other week. There are guys who have pushed their trucks further, some are still running and others blew up in a fairly short time. I prefer to keep mine running for a long time.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:15 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that is sweet. I would love to hear a V-10 turbo.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:49 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I hope it sounds better than the blown V-10s. Vipers make the most horrible exhaust note I have ever heard. LOL My buddy has a Viper with a twin-screw and it sounds like a friggin Kobota tractor.

The turbo should help out with the sound if you run a small muffler after the turbo. That's what most of us GM truck guys do. Makes for a more pleasant daily driver and really doesn't hurt power much. You can always run a cutout before the muffler if you really needed to as well.

The power should be awesome if you have ways of tuning. Do the trucks use the same chip style programing that the Vipers use?
Old 08-12-2005, 10:32 PM
Teching In

I'm anxious to hear what it sounds like. These V-10s definitely don't sound like a V-8. We'll see about "sculpting" the sound after it's up and running. So are you pleased with you STS set-ups? By your numbers it looks like they run pretty hard.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:42 PM
12 Second Truck Club

You'll be happy with it I think as long as you add all the extra pieces like the FMIC, fueling and tuning. Get all that nailed down and the kit rocks! It's just like any other mod though. You gotta put it together right

Ohh, be very careful with water too. The sock won't always save you so make sure Rick takes that into account. I lost a motor due to water and being stupid.

Keep us posted man
Old 08-31-2005, 06:47 AM
Teching In

Here's an update on my turbo install - there is no update. We've been waiting for some parts from Florida which finally shipped yesterday. Hopefully they'll get here by the end of the week.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:46 PM
Teching In

What are the plans for fuel management?
Old 09-12-2005, 10:50 AM
TECH Resident

I sure hope it goes better on the SRT line than the HEMI line, oh STS swore to god they had it figured out for the HEMI. So far I can say I know of two that have had blown engines and about 4 that just gave up on STS coming up with a fix for the fuel management on the HEMI, they did their own R & D, and their research yeilded a ton of improvements. Its just like I said over a year ago..........you don't just slap a garrett on, add an intercooler and a extra injector set up. I don't mean any harm here but I'd be real scared of being the guiena pig for STS knowing what they did with the hemi engines, and I would look at routing my intake filter up over or into the bed. I also know 2 people that sucked up water and blew engines!
Old 09-21-2005, 10:27 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update? I could have walked the parts from Florida to you by now.

Quick Reply: STS Turbo