STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

07 NNBS door speaker replacement...

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 NNBS door speaker replacement...

Well, when I upgraded my door handles from the stock textured black to the chrome, I ended up putting one of the clips through one of the speakers,

Now I am looking to just go ahead and replace both door speakers and get a little better sound out of it. My question is... How much power output does the stock head unit put out and what would be a good replacement speaker that will fit nicely in the door without any modification? I think the speakers in there now are a 6" but Im not 100%.

I do not want another paper speaker to replace them with. I was thinking maybe a good Alpine or simular. Any suggestions? I dont plan on some loud *** system or nothing but would like something that can be used as part of one if I sell the truck. Thanks!!
Old 10-24-2010, 10:30 PM
Launching!

Anyone??
Old 10-24-2010, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't know if my 1500 has different speakers than yours but mines were 6.5 and I replaced them with alpine type r components but you won't be able to tell the diference unless you add an amp or a better than stock headunit.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:46 PM
Launching!

Any ides of the power the stock head unit puts out, Im sure its minimal.
I didnt measure the speaker in the door so its probably the 6.5 like you said.

How do you like the alpine speakers? Good quality? I listen to alot of heavy metal and like a clean sound with some thump for the double bass.

What size are the speakers in the side at the top of the seat, near the headrest? They look like there maybe a 4x6. Does anyone think theres room for somthing a little bigger? maybe a full 6"
Old 10-26-2010, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

check out crutchfield dot com
they have a outfit section where they will tell u what will fit.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

I have Alpine speakers and listen to nothing but metal, had the stereo almost 3 years and still sounds excellent. Stock deck, but the high level is run to a low level converter for RCA cables to the amps. Not sure what the sizes are in your truck, mine is an extended cab. 4x6" would be a good guess though. Crutchfield would know for sure. Definitely use their compatibility checker, but then go buy the speakers on ebay lol. They are way overpriced.

What bands do you listen to?
Old 10-27-2010, 12:08 AM
Launching!

Yea, I will check out Crutchfield, I completly forgot about them.

As for my metal, I listen to just about everything good. On the light side, would have to start with... Metallica, kill em all, up to ...and justice for all, the rest purty much sucks ***, Megadeth,Rage,Godsmack, manson, thers more. On the heavy side, a lot of Slayer, BLS, Pantera,Cannibal Corpse sometimes, Hatebreed, Lamb of God.

I also listen to old 80s and 90s metal, Alice in Chains, G-n-R, Iron Maiden,no stupid hair band ****. And of course the classics like the acid bands of the 60s, Skynard, zepplin,doors floyd, sabbath... the lists are long, I can't think of them all. Needless to say, I give speakers a workout and almost always blow them sooner or later.

What do you listen too?
Old 10-27-2010, 12:17 AM
Mod with training wheels

Recently I've been mostly listening to the faceless, thy art is murder, the acacia strain, and the contortionist. Typically bands that are big in their own scene, but nobody else has ever heard of. If its new and brutal, I probably like it
Old 10-27-2010, 12:50 AM
Launching!

I can't say I have heard of all those myself. I have been freakin craving some new tunes, ima gonna havta check some of these out.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Mod with training wheels

I think they are all an acquired taste...it really depends on what you like about metal lol.

Quick Reply: 07 NNBS door speaker replacement...