STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

6K stereo/alarm...I'm goin to walmart shotgun shopping!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 11:32 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default 6K stereo/alarm...I'm goin to walmart shotgun shopping!

Well like I said earlier my local stereo shop has agreed to fix all the damage done to my vehicle when they installed my system/alarm. That was as of last Thursday with a start date of 21 June.

Since I had some time to burn, I started looking, DAMN! why did I do that?
Here's what I found in addition to the $860 in paint damage and scratched panels.

1. Dynamat extreme was laid over dirty inner door panels, they didn't even bother to prep the surface, just laid it down over the dusty panels.

2. Both rear door sill plates are broken, they superglued one, and used a wood screw to secure the other since they broke off the mounting tab.

3. I have enough extra RCA cable bundled up under the carpet to wire two trucks, oh!, and thanks for cutting a nice chunk of insulation out so you had a pocket to stuff it in!

4. Drivers side rear door, door handle is nice an broke(mounting tab).

5. Instead of running new speaker wires (like we discussed) they tapped into the stock speaker wires. How cool! now if I want to return it to stock I get to rewire for the stock stuff! WTF! This is exactly why they were supposed to leave the stock wiring alone.

6. Rear Door missing mounting clip to bolt door down.

7. NO Dynamat under the carpet!!! I guess a bulk pac was not enough to do four doors and the floor, although they said it would be all I needed to do the job.

8. Wanna know what the grounding point is for my JL 300/4?
Oh, about a wood screw through the floorboard!
guess how many wood screws are poking through my floorboard? OH, about a ****-ton!

That's what I get for further investigating right?

Guess who's not touching my truck again?

Holy F@*ck$&g ****!!! somebody give me permission to to act like an idiot!!

And the ever loving kicker is the damn place told me that if anyone were to look at the install they would say it was a clean install!!!
Old 06-13-2004, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dam that sux
Old 06-13-2004, 01:09 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I can't belive this! I think its time for a brick in their window. (i will drive )
Old 06-13-2004, 01:21 AM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

he he he he i like the brick through the window deal. especially if blownchevy is driving they will not catch you.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:23 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Brian, tell me about it!

what a freaking nightmare I'm in.

I'm going to personally go over every inch of wiring and get this thing squared away.

Oh, I called Eclipse Tech Line about the noise in my system and told them it seems like it might be the HU. They tell me its a known problem and they have a fix for it, and to have my dealer send it in so they can send out a new one with the upgrades. So I call my "stereo shop" and tell them what to do and they tell me that the line drivers are in and then a story about how they don't have much faith in fixes from eclipse and that he's sticking to his original statement of "it doesn't matter how they get rid of the noise only that they do". I then tell him I would prefer the "updated deck rather than adding a line driver to my system". He doesn't seem to get what I'm saying or is ignoring what I'm saying, which is "send the ****** in bitch"!

anyway, they ain't touching my truck.
Old 06-13-2004, 02:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just give me a call...
Old 06-13-2004, 02:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

I think it would be time to hire a lawyer. Get it looked at by a professional who is aware of the problems. Get the lawyer to make a case and carry them to court for complete compensation for the damage done to your truck as well as pain and suffering and having to do all this calling and troubleshooting yourself.
Old 06-13-2004, 04:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the things you have gone through have been a bunch of bs. i would have got a lawyer along time ago, but its definately time for one now
Old 06-13-2004, 05:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Flyer
I think it would be time to hire a lawyer. Get it looked at by a professional who is aware of the problems. Get the lawyer to make a case and carry them to court for complete compensation for the damage done to your truck as well as pain and suffering and having to do all this calling and troubleshooting yourself.
Definatly. Stop waiting and start doing something about it. The longer you wait the harder its going to be. Even a half assed lawyer could get this done with money to spare.
Old 06-13-2004, 10:19 AM
Teching In

hell i'd just go to the police station and tell them the story and see if you can get a report for ANY crime. A lawyer will have a field day with a police report

Quick Reply: 6K stereo/alarm...I'm goin to walmart shotgun shopping!