STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

Adding Bose to non-Bose

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 06:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NO, dont do it! The BOSE system plain BLOW! I had it in my truck and hated everyday with it. If you want sound you need to go aftermarket. JL makes a stealth box to go in that location, but youll need an amp to power it. And then it just snowballs from there..... am i still trying to figure out what the heck to do with my system. BTW, if you have a crew cab, those JL stealth boxes remove your rear AC! SUCKS!
Old 07-08-2005, 07:44 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by OCBC
NO, dont do it! The BOSE system plain BLOW! I had it in my truck and hated everyday with it. If you want sound you need to go aftermarket. JL makes a stealth box to go in that location, but youll need an amp to power it. And then it just snowballs from there..... am i still trying to figure out what the heck to do with my system. BTW, if you have a crew cab, those JL stealth boxes remove your rear AC! SUCKS!
I've decided that is the route I am going to go. I will just get the stealthbox with a 10 and an amp to power it.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:59 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBC

Hmmm, I really like my bose system.....I even looked for the truck that had it.....

Guess I am just old
Old 07-09-2005, 03:00 AM
12 Second Truck Club

I agree with you. I think the bose in my dad's truck sounds ten times better than the standard stereo in my truck. If they had offered it in reg. cab trucks I definately would have got it.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Regular

The BOSE system is better than stock. I have just been spoiled with quality audio in my previous cars. my best friend has a home recording studio and is a audio buff. He taught me everything I know. Personally, I found the bose to be too midtoned. Bose crosses everything off to keep it in the middle. ACK! You only notice it if you have something to compare it too.

The bad thing for those who want to upgrade their system is that BOSE is extremely difficult to upgrade. Most end up ripping the entire system out because of the difficulties....................

Late
Old 07-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

I have a Yukon console in my rcsb with the bose sub in it I have it running on a alpine amp that is where the bose amp goes inside the console and it sounds great for a good upfront bass. I ran it for months while i was waiting on my other subs now i just use it for midbase.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:27 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by mrb04
I have a Yukon console in my rcsb with the bose sub in it I have it running on a alpine amp that is where the bose amp goes inside the console and it sounds great for a good upfront bass. I ran it for months while i was waiting on my other subs now i just use it for midbase.
Really? That is exactly what I wanted to do. Can you give me some details on how you hooked it up and what all I would need. Like I side, I am a rookie when it comes to stereos so any details would be much appreciated
Old 07-16-2005, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

my long haul 2500 hd's bose system kicks *** it is so much louder and cleaner than my other truck.(04 gmc standard cab)