STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

alpine type-x

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alpine type-x

i have a reg cab 2004 gmc sierra and im looking for two 12" type-x subs and an amp i've got three 12'' audiobahns in the bed of my truck and i cant hear them very good so i would like to get two 12s to put up in the front . also could i even get two 12'' alpines in the cab of my truck and still sound really good.im also looking for type-x components to fit my truck so if anyone has anything for sale post something. we got a new stereo store in town and this guy swears by jl audio he wont carry anything else i asked him if he would carry alpine he sayed no because jl is better. so i would like to show him that alpine is pretty damn good.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so wait you're saying you currently have a blow through box? Do you have pictures?

I doubt 12" type x subs will fit in a rcsb. They have like an 11" mounting depth IIRC.

Please post pics of your blow through though. Also, what did you use for the gap between the bed and cab?
Old 06-01-2007, 06:28 PM

i didnt say i have a blow through you Heman loving dumbass read what i wrote then post something "Random Gay *** Hero"
Old 06-01-2007, 06:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 04sierra20''
i didnt say i have a blow through you Heman loving dumbass read what i wrote then post something "Random Gay *** Hero"
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. You are quite possibly the dumbest person on this site if you put a sub box in the bed of your truck and didn't do a blow through.

I was actually hoping(and I mean hoping) no one would actually do what you did, but you sir are a character. Did you put some 6.5" speakers back there too? I bet those are hard to hear as well.

"random Gay *** hero?" Please, if you're going to insult me, use something intelligent. I promise it won't offend me if some walmart shopping, rodney carrington blaring, toothless redneck makes cute jokes, especially if they are as weak as the cards you're playing .

Don't hesitate to suck on a bottle of drain cleaner
Old 06-01-2007, 06:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Don't hesitate to suck on a bottle of drain cleaner
thats a good one i like it...

ok lets try to start over.. type x's wont fit up front at all unless you take out the center console and stick one in a box where the console was... a carboard box wont work either just fyi.... look for something with more like 5.5in of mounting depth to throw behind the seat...
Old 06-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 04sierra20''
two reasons this quote makes you a dumbass

1. if you dont have a blow-through and have subs in the bed you truley need to leave car audio/video to the experts at shops. let me guess you dont have a tonneau cover either and have lcd screens on the exterior of your truck...

2. randomhero made no offensive comment to provoke you to say anything like that.

you sir have just made an *** of yourself

oh btw, lock time
Old 06-01-2007, 07:42 PM
FormerVendor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

damn, lol i wasnt expecting this!