STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

bad ass system's

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 02:25 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joehawkz71
HOW DID YOU ATTACH THE BOARD TO THE BACK OF YOUR TRUCK??? DO PEOPLE JUST GLUE IT WITH SILICONE THERE OR SCREW IT TO THE BACK??
I used drywall screws and attached them to the cab wall.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol...i was kinda hopeing people didnt screw it to the back....im just trying to figure out how to attach it to the carpet pad that goes up the back a bit....

do people just cut that away where they want the board to go and silicone it to the back or what......im confused. im going to be putting mine in here shortly.....

thanks
Old 04-12-2006, 01:17 AM
On The Tree

liquid nail. don't get crazy with it though. a little goes a long way.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Old 04-12-2006, 10:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jagjohn2000
liquid nail. don't get crazy with it though. a little goes a long way.
I would NOT recommend ln because you can NOT easily remove the system for revamping. I change my setup often...there have been 3 different amp racks back there so far and I just reuse the same holes in the cab wall.

quoteJM: i hope he didnt screw it to the back. iv had ppl come to me for help on there systems, and ill look how its set up and if they got screws sticking out the back of there truck ill charge more just because there stupid.

As for jm's comment about me being "stupid" for my installing it the way I did...bro go look at your dash and keep the comments to yourself.

I've been installing systems for nearly 15 years and have always used this method of installing this kind of amp rack to the back of a cab wall that you can barely see between the bed and cab without ANY problems or comments of this nature. I personally take offense to your comment as the only system I"ve seen you install is the one you've posted in this thread and there is by far MUCH needed help in your install.

[/end rant]
Old 04-12-2006, 01:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by OKLAGMCRUISER
I would NOT recommend ln because you can NOT easily remove the system for revamping. I change my setup often...there have been 3 different amp racks back there so far and I just reuse the same holes in the cab wall.

quoteJM: i hope he didnt screw it to the back. iv had ppl come to me for help on there systems, and ill look how its set up and if they got screws sticking out the back of there truck ill charge more just because there stupid.

As for jm's comment about me being "stupid" for my installing it the way I did...bro go look at your dash and keep the comments to yourself.

I've been installing systems for nearly 15 years and have always used this method of installing this kind of amp rack to the back of a cab wall that you can barely see between the bed and cab without ANY problems or comments of this nature. I personally take offense to your comment as the only system I"ve seen you install is the one you've posted in this thread and there is by far MUCH needed help in your install.

[/end rant]
i didnt mean to offend anyone with my comment, i just think there are alot better way to install a amp rack than screwing holes threw the back of a truck. i could see screwing it to the top where there is enough room for the screws not to go threw the back, or to use liquid nails. i guess you have not had a problem with water or rust, i know thats not something i would want to worry about so i dont put myself in that situation. i admire you for installing systems for 15 years, as for myself i have only been doing it for 6 years so you defiantly have a lead on me, and as far as my system goes its not done. im sure if someone took a picture of you instilation half way threw it wouldnt look any better. i dont want to turn this thread in to a pissing match. i just want others to understand a system, and everything it takes to make a good one.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im going to have to agree with OKLAGMCRUISER thers nothing wrong with screw, if you that worried about it use a machine screw with a nut on the back. I wouldent depend on Liquid Nails because I dont want anything falling apart and glue is more like a easy fix in my opinion. When yall say you have been installing for 15 and 6 years do yall mean professionally or just on the side?
Old 04-13-2006, 08:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SBChevrolet
Im going to have to agree with OKLAGMCRUISER thers nothing wrong with screw, if you that worried about it use a machine screw with a nut on the back. I wouldent depend on Liquid Nails because I dont want anything falling apart and glue is more like a easy fix in my opinion. When yall say you have been installing for 15 and 6 years do yall mean professionally or just on the side?
on the side.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SBChevrolet
mostly on the side...7 years in an actual shop...

My dad has been in the business for 28 years...so I work with him alot too.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:19 PM
Teching In

I'm usually only on silveradoss forums but since I was lurking here reading posts I figured I'd post my setup for anyone looking for ideas. My goal was to have a system that can and will compete with a system 3x the price and be the cheapest possible components (although the 8s do things you wouldn't expect...like play 20Hz well). Too much equipment to list at the moment. But these pics give you an idea.

I took a sheet of oak MDF and stained it so that way it looks like a coffee table in the back. Everything is nice and hidden in the box (amps included). If I could do it over again (which I am) I'd not mount the amps inside the box cause it was a pain to tune. I'm going to make a stainless ground bar to wrap from one side over the top to the other. So I can mount amps on top to tune easy and yet have a very nice ground.

there's a MTX amp for subs not shown and the second component set for rear doors also

start of the box frame

upgraded wiring under hood

Headunit and eq

sub box w/ 8 8"s

Last edited by WidowKiss; 04-29-2006 at 01:53 PM.

Quick Reply: bad ass system's