TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by budhayes3
...such as switches, relays, connectors...even zip ties and loom
Summit for me.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:08 AM
formerly 2004RST (changed 11/19/2012)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

radio shack on relays...if you're referring to like a 4 wire...however advance, autozone, & napa should also have 5 wire & 4 wire relays...connectors i get off ebay...you can get like whole packs for fairly reasonable prices....or there's a place in tampa that sells connectors by the 100 for $6
Old 03-07-2011, 12:53 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 378 Likes on 257 Posts

partsexpress.com

They sell waterproof relays for like $1.50, and before anyone says they are crap at that price, ive had 3 of them doing my fan harness for about 3 years now and not had a single issue.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
partsexpress.com

They sell waterproof relays for like $1.50, and before anyone says they are crap at that price, ive had 3 of them doing my fan harness for about 3 years now and not had a single issue.
I second this. PartsExpress is the place to go for all the electrical odd-ball parts needed to complete an installation. I have used them many times with great success.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:02 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool deal guys...I've bought these items from a bunch of different places, and you can tell the quality of some vs. others. I got some connectors and heat shrink from Jeg's and was happy with the quality. The connectors that I got from AutoZone are "eh", and it seems like finding a good zip tie is quite challenging. At work, we used to get zip ties from Wurth, and we now get them from Kent, and I can say that both of those companies have the highest quality zip ties that I've seen. Kent actually offers zip ties of different grades at different prices.

I've bought Bosch relays on the web, and from a member here, and they seem to be holding up for my efans...so far. I keep 3 backups in the glove box just in case.

Originally Posted by Atomic
partsexpress.com

Originally Posted by 53bowtie
I second this. PartsExpress is the place to go for all the electrical odd-ball parts needed to complete an installation. I have used them many times with great success.
I'm gonna have to check PartsExpress out...I like the waterproof relays and definitely like that price 3 years of field service for Atomic has me sold, and at that price I can keep 6 of them in my glove box if I have to!
Old 03-08-2011, 11:44 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just went to partsexpress dot com and ordered a bunch of relays and switches...the waterproof relays were $2.89 each, but that's still a great price...and I took a survey afterward and got 4 free 1 year magazine subscriptions...gotta remember to cancel them next year when they run out so they don't charge my credit card