STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

CD player skips when bass hits???

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD player skips when bass hits???

What would cause a CD player to skip when the bass hits? Its not the CD player cause we tried two different ones.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:43 PM
TECH Regular

Do you have a good strap to the back of it?
Old 04-30-2007, 01:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im gona say its a wornout cd player. My kenwood used to do that but I had it for 3 years. Get you a top of the line and you want have any problems with it.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

yep....worn out....nothin could cause that but vibration and either you have some BIG subs or your cd player is worn out.....if ya dont want to change it then get an mp3 player....digital music cant skip.....
Old 04-30-2007, 12:13 PM
Staging Lane

Its a brand new Pioneer...just bought it and took it out of the box yesterday. Its only two 12s, its not like it a ridiculus amount of bass or anything.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by blue 01
Do you have a good strap to the back of it?
What kinda strap are you talking about?
Old 04-30-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 04chevy5.3
What kinda strap are you talking about?
You need to run a strap to the back of the deck to support it. With the dash bezel off and the deck installed. Put your hand in above it and grab the back of the deck to see how much it moves. If you are only using a install kit ( deck sleeve and install plastic sleeve) then it will move a lot. You need to make it not move. There are many was to do this. I ran a strap from the bottom of the plastic sleeve to the back of deck strap screw with a bend in the bottom of the strap so it touches the bottom of the pocket. Ran another strap from the top of plastic sleeve to the back strap screw.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by blue 01
You need to run a strap to the back of the deck to support it. With the dash bezel off and the deck installed. Put your hand in above it and grab the back of the deck to see how much it moves. If you are only using a install kit ( deck sleeve and install plastic sleeve) then it will move a lot. You need to make it not move. There are many was to do this. I ran a strap from the bottom of the plastic sleeve to the back of deck strap screw with a bend in the bottom of the strap so it touches the bottom of the pocket. Ran another strap from the top of plastic sleeve to the back strap screw.
I took off the bezel and there was about a quarter inch of movement. I held the deck steady with my hand so ther was absolutely no movement and it still skips when I turn it up. Could it be possible that the amp is pulling so much power that its making the deck skip? Or some kind of feedback through the rca's or remote wire? Idk ive never had anything happen before like this.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

when stuff brakes just upgrade.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:44 PM
Teching In

how did you hook it up? i dont think a draw of power can do this, becuase there shouldnt be a draw of power from any other thing beside the battery. maybe feedback, i would try a rca filter.

Quick Reply: CD player skips when bass hits???