STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

Err Message in Stock Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Err Message in Stock Stereo

Anyone know how to fix this ERR message I'm getting? The cd player keeps making noise like trying to eject a disc every 5 seconds and does it even when car is off......
Old 11-30-2010, 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

So my battery died cuz I left my lights on...got a jumpstart and now the problem is fixed so weird....it has done this one other time anyone else have similar problems?
Old 11-30-2010, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

what year is your truck ? the 03 and 04 have alot of electrical issues such as the gauge cluster. my radio does that from time to time as well. i had an issue with the battery gone dead when i use the remote door locks for some stupid reason.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

mine says err when i try to insert a cd, it wont read it and spits it out. Sucks. I'm assuming it will need to be replaced. Ironically, it broke while I was at the track. I guess playing a CD and launching at the same time isnt a good idea.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:30 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HEADHUNTER92
what year is your truck ? the 03 and 04 have alot of electrical issues such as the gauge cluster. my radio does that from time to time as well. i had an issue with the battery gone dead when i use the remote door locks for some stupid reason.

Have you ever had your truck straight out, almost die in the middle of pulling out because your electrical system died???...My neighbor took a peek at the engine bay after I had a problem and found that my battery terminals were loose and haven't had any problems since...we tightened them etc., but I was legitimately scared when my truck lost power completely pulling out into oncoming traffic. The err message is gone thank God. If you have remote door locks...do you have an alarm? what brand? I'm looking into buying a remote start/ alarm 2 way pager system, but don't know what brand/price/quality is truly successful for a theft definition mechanism. I'm thinking shaved suicide doors with automatic poppers would be pretty sick....and I want something that I know is protected that also is functional with poppers. Ideas anyone? Help? Not really trying to upgrade interior/car audio until I know all my investments are safe.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I have a perfect 6 disc in-dash delco if any happens to need a like new stocker.