STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

got a galaxy s3 today

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default got a galaxy s3 today

Going from my captive glide this thing is very nice been playing with it for couple hours now and wow this is ten times better now just to find some usefull aps besides pandora and eBay...
Old 11-13-2012, 08:08 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Enjoy it for the first 6 months. Typicaly after that Samsungs tend to have issues. Nothing major but the file system isn't the fastest and after some time they tend to get glitchy. Nothing major but the smooth opperation becomes less smooth.

I speak from experiance. I had two Samsung's recently (charge,and I forget the other one) and currently work with 4 people who have the Galaxy. Three of the four are having minor issues. Freazing, slow to change on a occation. We are hard on our phones at work with dirt, dust, and lots of use but Samsung is commonly known to not stay flawless for long.

I personaly like Motorola and my Razr is almost a year old without issues.

Good luck with your phone and hope it doesn't fall to the same fate that most do.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by custm2500
Enjoy it for the first 6 months. Typicaly after that Samsungs tend to have issues. Nothing major but the file system isn't the fastest and after some time they tend to get glitchy. Nothing major but the smooth opperation becomes less smooth.

I speak from experiance. I had two Samsung's recently (charge,and I forget the other one) and currently work with 4 people who have the Galaxy. Three of the four are having minor issues. Freazing, slow to change on a occation. We are hard on our phones at work with dirt, dust, and lots of use but Samsung is commonly known to not stay flawless for long.

I personaly like Motorola and my Razr is almost a year old without issues.

Good luck with your phone and hope it doesn't fall to the same fate that most do.
I agree i still have the galaxy s2 and its been good but has been acting up alot lately. Battery only last a couple hours so i basically have to have it connected to a charger all day :/ Still deciding on the either the galaxy s3 or iphone 5 for my next phone
Old 11-13-2012, 11:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

s3 ftw its a amazing phone and its got quad core processor that runs fast than must household computer.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had iPhones went through 4 of them on hard on phones as well dirt dust lint from work thesamsung captive glide I went through two before. I went to this one
Old 11-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

I like iPhones.

No phone thread is complete until someone chimes in that they like something different.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We have had plenty of threads of all of the downsides of the iphone. Be smart stay Droid just stick with motorola. HTC is also good too. I just know for a fact that many differant motorolas are all well known for great reliablility and longevity.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I usually get new phone every 6 monthes and this is by far the best but I do miss the slide out keyboard
Old 11-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
I like iPhones.

No phone thread is complete until someone chimes in that they like something different.

LOL yup

Originally Posted by custm2500
We have had plenty of threads of all of the downsides of the iphone. Be smart stay Droid just stick with motorola. HTC is also good too. I just know for a fact that many differant motorolas are all well known for great reliablility and longevity.

Originally Posted by 2000chevysilverado
I usually get new phone every 6 monthes and this is by far the best but I do miss the slide out keyboard

Def a nice phone if you like carrying around something the size of a tablet
Old 11-13-2012, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Fits in carpenter pocket nicely

Quick Reply: got a galaxy s3 today