STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

help relocating battery

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 09:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help relocating battery

I am trying to relocate my stock battery to the passenger side towards the back of the engine bay... I installed the new battery tray which was a piece of cake. However wiring and electronics have never been my strong point in auto work... I have read through older posts of people rewiring it so it will work, but does anyone have any pictures or better details on what exactly to do wiring wise when relocating the battery??

Thanks
Old 03-20-2008, 09:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't ther only two leads going to the battery? Run 0 awg leads (one + one -) to wherever the battery is hooked up to in the stock location. Maybe someone can clairfy if you really need a 0 awg wire, but I know when I ran the battery to the back of my Mustang I used a 0 awg wire. I also had to add a 4 awg ground from the battery to the block, because the car would not start with the battery grounded to the trunk.

I would run an extra 4 awg lead to the passenger side of the block, but thats just me.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why the relocation? What r u not telling us? Just tell me... turbo? When I read installed batt. tray, I think drilled holes & mounted. Is this the case? If not, ever thought of bed mounted? For some, they don't want to drill in bed &/ or need all the bed space they can get. Years ago, I wanted to do this on a car & found a co. that sells these items. Ya, it was geared toward older style HEI, but I see it as an option I'll prolly use myself. I just checked the internet, and they're still in biz. But, a non-sponsor. Hope this helps.