STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

Hypertech or Superchips?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hypertech or Superchips?

First off sorry for another programmer post but after searching the forum I didn't find what I was lookin for.

Now on to the post. I am looking for a handheld programmer I can sell if needed. Not a custom ecu tune or system requiring a laptop.

I fried my ecu with a custom diablosport predator tune so I don't want another one of those.

So between the classic Hypertech HPP or the Superchips, preferrably the new model with internet update capabilities. What do you all think?
Old 07-08-2006, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

How did you fry your ECM with a Diablo? Their tunes they use are pretty conservative and unless you did something they did not recommend, then I don't see how you did that.

Of the two you mentioned, Superchips seems to be the better tuner. I hear alot of tuners saying they don't like the Hypertech and think they are junk. Never used them though, but I am taking their word for it. If you find a really good tuner though, they probably won't use either of those. They would use a more sophisticated software like HPTuner's programmer or EFILive.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ya all I did to fry my ecu was load a custom tune one of the guys from diablosport made for me. the whole ordeal left me stranded at a dragstrip at 12am till I had it repaired under warranty (thank god).

I have personally done every mod on my truck and have been modding cars/trucks for about 14 yrs so I know I did nothing wrong on my end.

Anyway thx for your opinion Shea.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Shea
How did you fry your ECM with a Diablo? Their tunes they use are pretty conservative and unless you did something they did not recommend, then I don't see how you did that.

Of the two you mentioned, Superchips seems to be the better tuner. I hear alot of tuners saying they don't like the Hypertech and think they are junk. Never used them though, but I am taking their word for it. If you find a really good tuner though, they probably won't use either of those. They would use a more sophisticated software like HPTuner's programmer or EFILive.
I agree go with Superchips, just to put this out there you can get a Wait4me tune on different pcm and keep the pcm you have. If you ever fry your pcm I am sure Jesse would take of you.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

go with superchip, i had a hypercrap, wasnt impressed
Old 07-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok sounds like Superchips is getting the thumbs up. Still I have a few questions.

1.) Does the Superchips get rid of TM (torque management) the way the Predator does?

2.) Also what do you all think about the Predator when compaired to the Superchips?
As I said before I would rather not get another Predator, but I think that my fried ECU had everything to do with a bad custom tune, something I will not install again if I was to get another Predator.

3.) Can I sell the Superchips and/or Predator to another GMC/Chevy truck owner or do they lock themselves to my truck?
Old 07-10-2006, 12:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Default Sc Reply

Does the Superchips get rid of TM (torque management) the way the Predator does?
A:Yes we take out most of the TM about 85%+

Can I sell the Superchips and/or Predator to another GMC/Chevy truck owner or do they lock themselves to my truck?
A:Yes you can reprogram the truck back to stock and move the product to another vehicle.

Our tuners have one of the best recoverys if you ran into a problem tuning.

I hope this helps.
Stay Tuned!!!
Ron
Old 07-10-2006, 12:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Ron thanks a bunch for the info. I'm gonna go order a Superchips today.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Oh Ron can you tell me if the Superchips is can display real time data, like air/fuel?

Last edited by MarineBlue03GMC; 07-10-2006 at 07:48 PM.