STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

large draw on radio circut(70ma)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 006rcsb
what exactly is a bcm?
The Body Control module works with the power windows, locks, radio, dash lights, anti theft, and gauges.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I had the dealer try to flash a used BCM into my truck today and it wouldn't accept it due to something with the theft deterent. Anybody know about this?
Old 12-14-2008, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I got it to work .... kinda. I relinked the VATS on my BCM and then it wouldn't fire up from the acc position. So I shut off the ignition and tried to start it and it worked. Then I put in the used replacement BCM and did the same thing and it fired up. Now i have the security light (I seen it in another post so i'll have to check into that) as well as the airbag light is on all the time. Im not sure if thye swap changed anything, I guess i'll have to see if the battery keeps getting drained.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nope didn't change a thing, the truck was dead again this afternoon. So when I got home I tested the system with the meter and sure enough, that .70ma draw is still there even with the BCM swap. I already have little hair but i'm ready to rip the rest out. I think i'm gonna try and totally disable the anti theft and see if that changes anything.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I dissabled the VATS, at first the fob did't work: like I expected it wouldn't. But now the fob is lock/unlocking the door like normal. So I locked it with the window rolled down, reached in and unlocked and opened the door and the alarm went off. I checked the tune and it verrified that the VATS was turned off so I went and reloaded the tune and still the same. Now what?
Old 12-21-2008, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was on the HPTuners forum about the VATS and the fob, they said that the vats only effects the PCM (ie. enables you to start the engine), all other aspects of the system still function normally. I was cheching fuese and functions and what i seen is that when I pull the radio fuse(in my owners manual it controls the audio system, instrument cluster, climats control system), the voltage drops and don't come back up but it does when I open the door (70ma voltage) While theres voltage draw present, I pull the TBC fuse(in my owners manual it controls the BCM, remote keyless entry, headlamps) the voltage goes away but comes back when I put the fuse back. What 2 possible items that are linked by the radio and the BCM? I know that when I open the door the security light is flashing in the guage cluster, I checked the guage cluster a while ago by disconnecting it and verified the voltage drop but one day the truck was dead with it disconnected.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

bump...