STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

new sound system

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking new sound system

I am thinking about going with RE audio door and back speakers in my reg cab. components? ideas? also thinking about upgrading back to double din or just single din radio, if i go single din do i still need to use a pac adapter? need some ideas. want a crisp clean sound also being able to use my iphone on the radio
Old 08-21-2012, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

You need a wiring harness, dash kit and antenna adapter no matter what radio you choose. I'm biased towards pioneer radios, so I would suggest one of them. I think the AVH-P8400BH is a good radio for the money. It's really slick if you have an iphone with it's advanced app mode. I would suggest components for your front doors as they are insanely easy to install in our trucks, but I'd also consider running an amp on them.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jbancs
You need a wiring harness, dash kit and antenna adapter no matter what radio you choose. I'm biased towards pioneer radios, so I would suggest one of them. I think the AVH-P8400BH is a good radio for the money. It's really slick if you have an iphone with it's advanced app mode. I would suggest components for your front doors as they are insanely easy to install in our trucks, but I'd also consider running an amp on them.
yeah i have done car audio for a few years now but just trying to get some opinions on car audio.. i had a clarion double din in my truck with a pac C2R-GM24 harness, but not sure if i need that one or a basic harness. also getting opinions on speakers. I also put a AVH-4200DVD in my sisters G6 and it is a good radio. just trying to figure out if i should run 4 speakers on a 4 channel and a double din or a single din radio.. decisions decisions...
Old 08-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Staging Lane

I say a nice double din such as the pioneer AVH-P4400BH or AVH-P4300DVD, some Hertz audio replacement speakers, i like their energy series components, and amp to match the power for the speakers, and a nice sub or 2 in a built to spec box and amp to match as well. I see your avatar is OU and your from OK so im guessing you might be from around the norman area? If so check out advantage audio on lindsay ST. in norman theyve always taken care of me and know their stuff
Old 08-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Brandon_73072
I say a nice double din such as the pioneer AVH-P4400BH or AVH-P4300DVD, some Hertz audio replacement speakers, i like their energy series components, and amp to match the power for the speakers, and a nice sub or 2 in a built to spec box and amp to match as well. I see your avatar is OU and your from OK so im guessing you might be from around the norman area? If so check out advantage audio on lindsay ST. in norman theyve always taken care of me and know their stuff
I usually go to extreme auto options off 24th ave in norman but i have a hookup at petra and they sell pioneer, re audio and more.. thought about either a pioneer double din or a alpine single din and re audio speakers and amp.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a harness listed here for sale...I bought a Sundown SD2 and sax 125.2 for now.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I love my older Alpine 9833. Cant beat 3 way active (including sub) for around $100. I run some HAT tweets that I like alot so you might check on some of their components but not sure what your looking to spend. Also, I wouldnt bother with the speakers in the rear panels. They are right by your head so they destroy sound stage and imaging IMO. Just run a set of comps in the front doors and maybe an 8 or 10 inch sub if you dont want to get crazy. You could run all that off one 4 channel amp too since space is at a premium.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by texasglock23
I have a harness listed here for sale...I bought a Sundown SD2 and sax 125.2 for now.
is that an interface? i know that i have to buy one and i was going to go with a pac from petra, but also heard the the metra interface was good as well. and i was thinking about going with the alpine cde-121. not expensive but a decent unit. and then going with re components, a 4 channel amp and a 10 i believe. just which interface to use.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...w-area-502278/
Old 08-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by texasglock23
i have no bose no onstar. will it still work?

Quick Reply: new sound system