STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

NNBS how to get BIG 12's under the rear seat - Lots of Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 07:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NNBS how to get BIG 12's under the rear seat - Lots of Pictures

I have a GMC Sierra Denali Crew Cab truck, and the 10's I installed were lacking in the lows department. Additionally, it didn't have a whole lot of bass, and I wanted more. However, I did not want to do a "blow through" -or- "bed cut". I also did not want to remove any of my seats, nor alter the seat in any way.

Older Silverado's and Sierra's had lift kits for the rear seat, but nobody has made one for the NNBS 07+ seats yet, so I thought one up. I am using all steel, with "Grade 8" hardware, so it should be as strong as the original. Also you have to raise the seat-belt buckles up as far as the seat so they still work.

I had read elsewhere that guys were cutting 2 3/4" off of the back brackets, to be able to fold the back down, so I figured I had at least that much to work with. I also don't sit well with every single post reading similar to this, "The biggest you can get in there is 2 10's, and small one's at that." Or, "Small 12's will fit, but starve for air, so just buy smaller subs." PFFFFF!

I got ahold of some Rockford Fosgate T1 12" subwoofers, and wanted to make them fit. Mounting depth is 6.625", but I will have more than enough room. Box should net around 3 ft^3, with enough room to keep them from hitting the floor.

I went to Lowe's, and bought these materials:

10 (Grade 8) 1/2" x 1" bolts
10 (Grade 8) Nuts to go with them
10 (Grade 8) Lockwashers
50 7/16 hole big face washers
6' 1 1/2" square tubing
Misc thick square "washers", these were just for look, but this could be accomplished with regular washers too.

Here is where we are so far, will be done tomorrow or the next with pictures to follow.

Subs:

Materials:

Seats Out (To show where the mounts are):

Finished Brackets / "Lift Blocks":

Old 08-13-2011, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted the completed thread over here for those that care: https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...t-nnbs-486702/