STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

Regular Cab Subs

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You dont need to put shallows behind the seats. A very close friend had a blue rcsb z71 and he had 2 prefab boxes for behind the seat, and they fit 2 CVR 12s, which he had on a kicker 600w amp, and those things pounded NICELY. The seats werent pulled up or anything. Only thing he had to do, if I remember correctly, the front of the box needed to be held up.

I would avoid shallows by any means necessary. A deep sub in too small of a box STILL produces more AND better bass than a shallow in the right box.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:07 PM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 99silversled
I have two 12s. Pioneer shallow boxes. And it's loud. U can put the seat al the way back. And the subs don't hit at all on the seats
Good information, do you have any pictures? Would like to see how it looks and how much room there is? Where are the amps?

Originally Posted by SilverSquared
You dont need to put shallows behind the seats. A very close friend had a blue rcsb z71 and he had 2 prefab boxes for behind the seat, and they fit 2 CVR 12s, which he had on a kicker 600w amp, and those things pounded NICELY. The seats werent pulled up or anything. Only thing he had to do, if I remember correctly, the front of the box needed to be held up.

I would avoid shallows by any means necessary. A deep sub in too small of a box STILL produces more AND better bass than a shallow in the right box.
Do you have any pictures? As I read more, I think 10's may be ideal for what I am looking to do.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont have any of the setup, it was a couple years ago, and not my truck. Sry.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ANY Digital Designs subs in a box properly built to DDBox specs will rip a reg cab apart. Just choose a power level and feed them with the appropriate amp.

Read thru these articles, DD breaks it down pretty well on system selection...
DD Box System | DD Audio

I've seen a couple DD 8's do amazing things in very limited space.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Last Call
I was thinking of getting these:

Truck Speaker Pods
If you like the look of those, go for it. You can actually fit a standard component set behind the stock grille in the door panel. (I've always been a fan of trying to retain a factory look).
Old 04-30-2012, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AK907
ANY Digital Designs subs in a box properly built to DDBox specs will rip a reg cab apart. Just choose a power level and feed them with the appropriate amp.

DD Box System | DD Audio

...if they only made shallow mount subs.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by AK907

DD Box System | DD Audio

Thanks for the link, I will take a look at the articles.

Originally Posted by jbancs
If you like the look of those, go for it. You can actually fit a standard component set behind the stock grille in the door panel. (I've always been a fan of trying to retain a factory look).
I prefer the stock look too, but I wanted to run 2 sets of components, that is why I was going to run them. A set of 6.5's and 5.25's.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Last Call
Thanks for the link, I will take a look at the articles.

I prefer the stock look too, but I wanted to run 2 sets of components, that is why I was going to run them. A set of 6.5's and 5.25's.
if you prefer a stock appearance, you can put a component set in your door panels without those pods, just break or drill out the plastic rivets holding your factory tweeter in, and you can mount the tweeter there, and the woofer can be mounted where the factory mid was. I would suggest deadening your doors and putting an MDF baffle between the speaker and the door. I have that done in my truck, and the amount of midbass I have is insane. You could even look into a 3-way component set and just put the midbass in the door, and the mid-range and tweeter in the kick panel. I would honestly rather go that route.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by jbancs
if you prefer a stock appearance, you can put a component set in your door panels without those pods, just break or drill out the plastic rivets holding your factory tweeter in, and you can mount the tweeter there, and the woofer can be mounted where the factory mid was. I would suggest deadening your doors and putting an MDF baffle between the speaker and the door. I have that done in my truck, and the amount of midbass I have is insane. You could even look into a 3-way component set and just put the midbass in the door, and the mid-range and tweeter in the kick panel. I would honestly rather go that route.
I ran the components in the doors behind the grilles in my extended cab and they sounded great. I also ran 5.25's in the rear doors, so it was plenty loud for me. I just don't think a set of 6.5's in the doors will be loud enough.

I have never heard of an PDF baffle, have any pictures of yours? I plan to remove the carpet and deaden the entire cab to include the doors. I was told the kick panels didn't sound too good, so I was going to stay away from them.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:00 AM
KickinAssAndTakinNames

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I shoved the box i had under the bench of my ECBS behind the seats, Fit and sounded great

these 2 10" JLW1s hit hard powered by one 600 Mono
Name:  IMG_0346.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  69.4 KB
Name:  IMG_0347.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  72.3 KB
Name:  IMG_0348.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  31.1 KB
Name:  IMG_0349.jpg
Views: 210