STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

shallow mount sub

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default shallow mount sub

what a good shallow mount sub? im tired of hearing all his and no lows. thanks guys
Old 12-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The kickers cvt's are a pretty good shallow mount, why do you want to go with shallow mount you can fit regular size subs just fine in an extended cab.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ive got a pair of the 12" Pioneer Premier Flat Subs.

They're not bad, as long as you give them enough volume to drop down in frequency.
They handle 1400 watts each, and are about 3.25" deep from the front of the frame.
These are TS-SW1241D. Let me know if you want me to post photos of them.

I actually have a pair of full basket 10" subs dropped in a long box behind my seat of my Standard Cab. Each 10" sub gets about 1.0 cu/ft of air space, with polyfill. I angled the box, so its deeper at the bottom, thin at the top (Wedge box) and I actually run out of amp headroom, but PLENTY of bass. I believe they are TS-1041DVC Premier subs.

Like your headlights - ive got the same on my 99 GMC.

For more bass - get a driver that's got decent power capability, match it with a good clean amp, and choose an enclosure that has more volume - such as 0.70~1.0 Cu Ft. Match it to a sub that has good efficiency.

Ignore the Hype - and look at the numbers.
XXXx.xx DB @ 1W/1M Means with 1 watt of power at 1 meter of distance away from the sub, the sub puts out X amount of decibles.
In most cases (not all) the higher the number, the more efficient and less amp power you'll have to push.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Teching In

I have had lots of earthquake audio stuff. They make a shallow sub.. SUPER SWEET BASE. http://earthquakesound.com/sws.htm
Old 12-04-2009, 01:28 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a set of 8" JL Audio 8w1v2's in my car, the sound pretty good.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 05ccsilverado
The kickers cvt's are a pretty good shallow mount, why do you want to go with shallow mount you can fit regular size subs just fine in an extended cab.
i want them under my seat so i can still have the seat space back there. i used to have them sittin on the seat and they sounded good just want more room. and thanks for the respnses guys. appreciate it.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Speaking on the kickers, I got just a 10" solo baric L5, the amp is not the best...something like 1200w but it's pyle, I only paid 40 bucks for it so w.e. Anyways that thing hits lows like crazy! I highly suggest these for shallow mount subs, I have mine behind the driver's seat and I can put the seat where my feet don't reach the pedals.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:50 AM
TECH Addict

I'm not a fan of the solo baric, just something about the way they sound. The cvt's by kicker are good. Memphis are good. JL is pretty good too.

My friend has a pioneer in his f250 CC. Its LOUD, but rattles everything, and doesn't produce a clean sound.

My kenwood Excelon slim keeps blowing, so I'm gunna work a deal with the store next time it blows to just pay the difference for something else.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Man, If I could only find a good used Kicker Solobaric S10D

Ive got a pair of S12D's and wouldn't trade them for the world. They don't handle a lot of power, but man are they clean! Stragely efficient too.
I cant speak for the Solo L series. I hear theyre good, but question if they were built like the originals.

Charcoal - does the sub rattle or everything around it?
If the subs making a rattling noise at all volume levels his sub is probably toast.
If the sub rattles at high volume - I'd bet he's clipping the amp and soon to burn up the sub and possibly the amp.
If the truck rattles - time for Dynomat.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

you can fit 2 10" JL W3v3.... those puppies will fit in a downfire box on an ext cab, ,match them up with 1000w amp, and ur good to go man. they are not expensive either

Quick Reply: shallow mount sub