STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

So I picked up some HERTZ speakers for the doors

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking So I picked up some HERTZ speakers for the doors

After much reading, talking with people, poss annoying at times LOL. I decided after placing a order on some Polks to X them ( even with their excellent reviews), pick a set of the Hertz dcx series 6.5. They are supposed to be a great match for being powered with just the HU. Hope they stand up to their name once I get them here, installed. Any one have any exp with them? There is some reviews out on the web but not a whole lot. Any way that is all.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:18 PM
TECH Addict

hmm, get them installed and report back.

i have alpine 6.5 and they sound great, but im want more of a mid range bass. like how the bose speakers sound in our trucks
Old 08-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Baltimore Whore

Hey you made it back, nice to meet ya. Sucks ya couldn't have hung out, we would have got lunch or something I def will. I hope they are as nice as the reviews that I have read and heard say. Like I said they are a low watt speaker 60 rms, still higher then some for a HU power set up, but have a good freq range, have a high sens rating. So are pretty efficient.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:08 PM
TECH Addict

sure did lol got home about 11:45 last night... it was good meeting you too, im sure ill be out that way sometime or another. ill make a thread to ***** it off a bit
Old 08-20-2013, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any reason you are against an amp to power them?
Old 08-20-2013, 07:43 PM
Baltimore Whore

Actually yes. I am not looking to compete, I am looking for decent sounds. Also do not feel like pulling the radio and running new wires to the doors and all for a new amp.The truck is a reg cab, the current infinity speakers that were rated for much more power, sounded well, just broke up when to much volume was applied. These are much newer, from my understanding, reading a better speaker. I have a perfect amp to do the job, but feel it isn't needed as I am sure this will satisfy my needs
Old 08-20-2013, 08:28 PM
Launching!

Hope ya didn't get them off e-bay...

Real Hertz are to be badass. Listened to a set of coaxials at a local audio shop. Coaxials aren't my thing but they did sound great.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:34 PM
Baltimore Whore

Na man they are the real deals. Not some imitation. I will keep it posted. I am anxious as hell. Have some D-mat to do the doors also, should help wonders. Was always to lazy to put it in, but honestly I have heard junk speakers in a matted set up that sound good, great speakers in a non matted set up that sounded umm ok. LOL
Old 08-26-2013, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

I understand the not wanting to disassemble the truck and run wires. But I must say my last set of components, sounded decent with HU power. But after sending them 100 watts they really came to life. Sound quality at any level was much better.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Baltimore Whore

^^^ With out a doubt a amped set up will be even louder, better. I put these bad boys in today, I must say am impressed. They are bright, but not killer to your ears, have a really natural sound to them smooth. I have not even begun to set up the EQ and sub ect untill I get a few hours of time on these. Actually surprised I ordered the Dcx 165's, was sent the latest 2013/14 165.3's. Very basic, clean made, with out all that hype look to them.Still have some break in time on them, but so far, much better sounding them my old kappas off the HU power. Should get even better in a few weeks, esp after I dial them in some. I do not normally listen to my music above 20-23, so in reality, amping them would really not do me that great.

Quick Reply: So I picked up some HERTZ speakers for the doors