STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

Truck wont start

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 07:16 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Ok How'd you get it running cause our TBSS just took a **** on my wife today while she was waiting in line to pick up my daughter from school. Said she cranked up at home and got a CEL then when she got to her school she turned it off and then tried to restart it and nothing...just gauges and a chime but nothing starting. They had to push it out of line to a parking space.

I got home later and it wouldn't do anything. I left the key on and it started to ding at me a few times about once every two minutes then it started in limp mode (Reduced engine power) but I couldn't accelerate hardly by pushing on the pedal. Then started a couple more times in limp mode and out of sheer luck on about the fifth time it started and idled and ran perfect so I drove it home and backed it into the driveway, revved it a couple of times watching the temp for a few minutes and it ran fine. Shut it off and tried to restart and nothing again. Can't even take it out of park by stepping on the brake...nothing. Then I wait a few minutes go back out to try it and it starts twice and runs perfectly...WTF!!!

Any ideas ???
Old 01-31-2009, 01:50 PM
Formerly Low_LQ4 - 6/6/10

Originally Posted by storm5.3
Ok How'd you get it running cause our TBSS just took a **** on my wife today while she was waiting in line to pick up my daughter from school. Said she cranked up at home and got a CEL then when she got to her school she turned it off and then tried to restart it and nothing...just gauges and a chime but nothing starting. They had to push it out of line to a parking space.

I got home later and it wouldn't do anything. I left the key on and it started to ding at me a few times about once every two minutes then it started in limp mode (Reduced engine power) but I couldn't accelerate hardly by pushing on the pedal. Then started a couple more times in limp mode and out of sheer luck on about the fifth time it started and idled and ran perfect so I drove it home and backed it into the driveway, revved it a couple of times watching the temp for a few minutes and it ran fine. Shut it off and tried to restart and nothing again. Can't even take it out of park by stepping on the brake...nothing. Then I wait a few minutes go back out to try it and it starts twice and runs perfectly...WTF!!!

Any ideas ???
I think you should take it to the stealership and have them take a look at it.
My fix was some dead fuses and a loose OBD wire since its a 9 year old truck.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:41 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Already got it fixed it was the ignition switch...Thanks for the reply though...
Old 02-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

same thing happened to me wen i had a bunch of monkeys install my sub. a car wit a lock light appeared oon my dash. it ended up bein a ware was shorting under the dash that blew a security fuse