STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

Upgrade Bose front door speakers

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 11:52 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Upgrade Bose front door speakers

I did a search and know it has been covered, but I also saw differing answers and just want some help.

I have a 2004 Silverado with the Bose stereo. My front door speakers are bad and I want to replace them but keep the rest of the system stock. I have seen people say that the ohms are way different and that I cannot, but others saying they have. I just want to know who has and what did you use/ what was your experience? Or just any definitive answers.

Thanks.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my personal experience a few years ago I bought infinity reference series < their worst series and I thought they were pretty good for the price. I ran them on the stock head unit with the stock wires and never had problems with anything. I added a amp about a year ago into the mix and that changed how they sounded entirely. They get as loud as I could ever want and are clear the whole way through, but I did notice some parts of the song weren't as alive as my home stereo so that needs to change. They are much much better than stock though.

I am going to be getting around to redoing my setup soon and I will be sticking with them. Infinity Kappa Perfects in the front and Kappas in the back.

One thing to note is that the infinities don't produce a lot of bass. Some have noted that they don't have the "drive" of other speakers, but they make up for it in SQ. If you are looking to keep away from a sub and such then disregard this post. I don't think I would get them without a sub to back them up.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Teching In

i currently have polk audio 650s in rear and 6500 components up front. they work, but they pick up way more sound than the old bose did. i run my treble all the way down almost and its still too crisp. IMO if your going to replace the speakers bypass the bose alltogether.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The stock headunit sound quality is terrible. Replaced the 6 disc in-dash with an Alpine and bypassed the Bose amp and it sounded 10x better (then I got carried away and dynomatted the doors, added PPI components, PPI amps and a JL 10" sub... way over my initial budget, like most things with this truck ). The Bose speakers are pretty poor as well, but you probably know that if you are looking to replace them.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:46 AM
formerly Brad Eller -06/24/2013

If you want to keep your factory Bose amp then you can run Infinity speakers because they are 2OHM load (most door speakers are 4OHM and will not work with Bose amp). But in all honesty if you are unhappy with the sound just bypass the Bose amp entirely, run a 4 channel amp w/ some decent speakers and you will be much better off and save money in the long run.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed, just do away with the Bose set up entirely, its too much of a pain to deal with for the sub par sound quality you get.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

I don't know why everyone says their Bose speakers are terrible in the nbs...? Mine sound perfect. My only issue is the stock head unit.. Now IT'S a pile