STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

what setup? reg cab 05.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 08:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=53bowtie;4015400]a) All the newer body style trucks (except possibly the "work truck" edition) have bucket seats if you remove either the center console or the center seat whichever the case may be. Also, there is no double baffling necessary if the baffle is only 14" and is braced with the port wall as it would be between the seats.

so now we have to modify seating, all mine was behind the seat ideas.

b) If I understand you correctly I can go buy a $50 15" sub and since it has more cone area and has the right motor to cool the sub (which all subs do or it wouldnt be in production) it will be louder than my soloX? Think about that one for a minute.
I didn't say, Xmax and cone is what makes a system louder.A good 8" can take out a cheap 10".

c) 3 cvx 10's would get close to being the same output, I have seen 3 hit in the mid 140's but going back to your <awe> factor in part b, why have 3 subs when you can just have one?

you'd have MORE cone area with three CVX 10" over one Solo X 10, use about the same airspace, triple motor and coil....why not?

its on a case by case basis though. my point is 3 L7 8's would not be louder. My buddy has one and I am not impressed with it at all. I am sure your 2 15's would be louder, but then again I could throw 10,000 watts at my soloX and it would be louder. So it just depends on the set up.

I just dont see 3 L7 8's hitting high 140's. there are some 8's that would but not L7's.

[b] I have personally seen 145's out of ONE Solo L7 8"....it can be done in the right install.
trust me, it can be done....no hiding cone area will be louder, and offer more benfits than one woofer, and loosing seating.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Michael Matthews
those sound badass, but i gotta keep the center console and the seat, i like i too much. i got the middle and behind the driver seat for space, the bottle is behind the passenger seat on the wall. so thats real limited space, i think id for sure want a 12in and a badass box but i fnt kno what box to get. probox?
probox makes a nice enclosure, good and heavy duty....look at which one suits your needs space wise, without any modifications, and we can help choose a driver, that will meet your power application as well.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by blueflamed03
[b] I have personally seen 145's out of ONE Solo L7 8"....it can be done in the right install.
trust me, it can be done....no hiding cone area will be louder, and offer more benfits than one woofer, and loosing seating.
I think I may have to see that to believe it. That would be rather impressive to do especially on a TL which I am assuming is what it was measured on.

As far as the prefab box, if you must go with one, probox does make a really nice one, but it is almost always better to build one yourself if you have the tools to do so.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blueflamed03
I didn't say, Xmax and cone is what makes a system louder.A good 8" can take out a cheap 10".
Also, I resent you calling my soloX a cheap 10"
Old 10-07-2008, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 53bowtie
I think I may have to see that to believe it. That would be rather impressive to do especially on a TL which I am assuming is what it was measured on.

As far as the prefab box, if you must go with one, probox does make a really nice one, but it is almost always better to build one yourself if you have the tools to do so.
yes, I am speaking TL....I work for the company of the product you have. I have been here 20 years and run our Competition team. Look at any USACi, dbDrag or IASCA finals, and you will see our team. Our competition team is about 30 people that compete on a national level. Yes, the inventor of the TL, Wayne Harris is a known friend of mine. I am not talking IDBL or in the 'kick'. It was done on the dash, legal.
I am not calling the Solo X cheap. Trust me, I know the cost on them.
I was speaking general terms on a cheap 10" vs.
Rich Turner, did a 148.1 with 500 watts and two L78's in MWSPL and won World Champ two weeks ago, 2-3 db ahead of the rest.
Testing enclosure, to peak a note is in the enclosure more than power. Power is made to 'help' gain in peak, but not the main determining factor.

All I was doing is adding my $.02 to the post, no more or less than anyone else. Anyone can take my advise, or anyone elses for that matter.
I have just been around it for awhile, so was just trying to help.

PS I see your from Norman, if so, good luck to your boys at Red River rivalry this weekend, as mine will need it in Mizzou this weekend.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool man. Sounds like you know your stuff. I apologize for doubting you. Hopefully the OP got something out of all this.

Yeah, I am goin to OU so I am hoping they can pull it out. Would solidify their place at the top a bit more I think. Your an Oklahoma State fan huh? I thought about going there before I came here, they have a really nice campus. Just dont beat Mizzou bad enough to drop them too far, I still want us to crush them in the big 12 champ game.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it's all cool man, anytime your in Stilly, let me know, can maybe show you around our building.

yea, if we can remain 6-0, I'll be good, for now
Old 10-07-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was up there a few weekends ago watching a rugby match........I didnt know kicker had a place in stillwater?

I think you guys have a chance if your defense can get a couple stops, that will be key, whos defense plays better because both of you have great offenses.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree, and offense needs to stay on their toes.

Yes, Kicker aka Stillwater Designs was started and founded here in 1973. The world HQ is right here in Stillwater, right across the street from Boomer lake. Can't miss it, about 250,000 sq.ft
Then we have DC's in LA and Europe.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

oh, dang. I knew they were stillwater designs but i never put two and two together

Quick Reply: what setup? reg cab 05.