Texas We've Seceded from the Union

The 2920 car meet in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Just so you guys who are wanting to volunteer a place to meet, if anyone were to get hurt you could be held accountable for it. All it takes is for someone stupid to show up and run someone over and everyone who was involved could be liable in a lawsuit. Not worth it IMO, better to go somewhere on public property like a park or something.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys...

I don't know if you'd consider Kemah. I know it's not close for Charlie or Stew, but I know its a controlled atmosphere, and we really hadn't a prob with the kids. Just an idea. I'd be willing to travel.. nice GTG and BBQ would work too.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:25 PM
Teching In

2920 must have gone downhill. Used to be family friendly. Mostly older guys with muscle cars. Thats a shame but par for the course these days. Joeoby78 and myself have been trying to get something going in Sugar Land.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:27 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heck most places are going down hill as time goes.LOL
Old 03-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Teching In

I dont disagree Wheatley.

Here is a blast from the past - Did anyone ever cruise/race on unfinished portions of Beltway 8 back in the late 80s when it was being built?
Old 03-29-2010, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Well like I said there is a meet is a meet in kingwood every saturday. Randy(roosterss) posted it on his site for whoever knows him. Went this past weekend and there was no dumbasses but bout a good 30 cars or so. Couple trucks. Pretty chill spot. Bc they got ok'd by the restuarant owners.

If anything started with dumbasses thts when u pu a hold on meet for a few or move it temporary to another location
Old 03-30-2010, 05:37 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RcrX
Well like I said there is a meet is a meet in kingwood every saturday. Randy(roosterss) posted it on his site for whoever knows him. Went this past weekend and there was no dumbasses but bout a good 30 cars or so. Couple trucks. Pretty chill spot. Bc they got ok'd by the restuarant owners.

If anything started with dumbasses thts when u pu a hold on meet for a few or move it temporary to another location
Most restaurant owners wouldn't have a problem, esp if it generated income.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RcrX

I will have check them out, My truck is nothing to wow about but I am up for looking at some nice rides without having to deal with the rice rockets and highschool kids. Could you PM where abouts this is?
Old 03-30-2010, 12:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone ever go to Miami Subs a number of years back? It was on Westheimer just west of the Beltway. It was badass, a number of really clean muscle cars and trucks, and old men sitting in lawn chairs just looking to bullshit about cars. But, as it seems happens every time, some ricers started showing up and street racing and doing peg-leg burnouts, then the cops just starting parking there on whatever day of the week it was and put that meet to a stop.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Theres a lot of parking space at Sylvan Beach in La Porte or at Pine Gully park($5 parking) Its a hidden park off of Old Todville Road, about 30 parking spots there.

Quick Reply: The 2920 car meet in Houston