Texas We've Seceded from the Union

Anybody using Cricket wireless internet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anybody using Cricket wireless internet?

Its not much more than my internet at home and it would be nice to have my laptop with internet out on my jobsites but Ive heard it can be hit or miss on reception and speed but that was a while back? I dont care about getting signal out away from town as Im usually close to downtown for the vast majority of my jobsites.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't but I'd check on Roaming fees and Data transfer. You can't send more than so many GB of data per month so it really depends on what you do with it
Old 07-21-2009, 10:27 PM
something else

What about Verizon? "Can you hear me now?"

I have never heard of them, who is Cricket?
Old 07-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its a local(Texas area?) phone/wireless internet provider. I havent checked into it all the way yet, just wanted to see if it even works well first before I go find out how much in fees they tack on and what the data usage limit is. I dont really do anything but some emails, couple of forums and a few **** movies here and there.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Where's the Beef?

I thought about getting Internet and Tethering for my blackberry but it just isn't realistically priced. ATT wants way to much for that IMO.
It would allow me to hook my blackberry to my laptop and surf the web on the laptop. Just can't justify their prices.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have ATT and it works badass, During Ike i was the only one with reception during the middle of the storm ( I was bunked up at NASA) the storm was a goin strong and i had full service. Yea Att is a lil high for their normal prices but its worth it in the end to me.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:55 PM
Staging Lane

Its ooooook its about as fast as dial up and somewhat realiable. the only good thing about it is the price. 40-45 a month but verizona sprint tmobile and att have better coverage with faster 3g speeds. but get ready to sign a contract and still pay 80+ i think im drunk
Old 07-24-2009, 09:17 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been using Verizon for several years. I can usually keep a data connection open without dropping from DFW to Houston or San Antonio. Austin has some really fast towers compared to some other cities I've used it in too.

BUT - you should look into the option of tethering your current phone to your laptop for a data connection when on the road. Legally, most providers want you to pay a little more for that ability, but there are many workarounds that give you that ability without adding it to your plan.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:11 AM
Launching!

ATT is $69 a month for unlimited. That's what i paid before my Gov't discount. Which is invaluable to me because i work and go to school fulltime
Old 07-25-2009, 01:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

if u already have a 3g phone, u can add the data plan to the phone itself, which usually is anywhere from 20-30 dollars, and then load up drivers and software to ur laptop to use the phone as a modem. thats the cheapest work-around. but the air cards are faster then the phones though.

Quick Reply: Anybody using Cricket wireless internet?