Texas We've Seceded from the Union

Beware: Distinct Fabrications out of Mckinney, Texas

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kevhill85
Man, I know Hector and does some good work. I have seem many of the truck he has done .. Sorry to hear about this happening to your truck.. I am think there is more to this story .. I also know from reading on ls1tech and pt.net the op seam to always have problem with shops .,
The damage happen that sucks .. I am referring to how things were handle his and Hector's side. I know at my shop if **** happen we fix it. But if the custome is bring total butt thing seam to drag out or the customer . I have read a few time how the OP fly off the handle and over retract when the shop is try to resolve the problem .

I have forward this to Hector to see what his side of the story is ..
X2^^^^^ dude is a humble down to earth guy reading this makes me think whats the whole story behind it but hope the OP works it out
Old 08-06-2013, 12:26 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sucks man, will not refer anyone to this shop.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, I know Hector and does some good work. I have seem many of the truck he has done .. Sorry to hear about this happening to your truck.. I am think there is more to this story .. I also know from reading on ls1tech and pt.net the op seam to always have problem with shops .,
except my truck has never been to any shops before...so...?

More to the story? I dropped the truck off, it was hit, for 3 weeks he claimed to be taken care of it, he didn't. He also told me it was tubbed, it isn't.

He did call me last night and state that he was going to "handle" it, and he also stated he was going to give me back my $150.

I also have all our convos saved through text and facebook, where it states that he tubbed it, several times mind you. And when I told him I was pissed off about that particular part, he turned it around.

For everyone that says he's done good work, there are also others who beg to differ. I won't bring any shops or individuals names out, because quite frankly, it doesn't help my situation none, nor does it really matter.

What does matter, is at almost a full month, my truck is still damaged. Now, he doesn't want his name brought into it because it wasn't him who was driving the other vehicle, but it was in his possession. I dropped it off to Hector, the guy he shares the shop with is the one who hit it. I don't see how that is my fault. I'm simply the victim who has gotten the runaround for almost a month...PERIOD.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Kevhill, please, if you don't mind, show me where a shop tried to fix a situation of mine, because quite frankly, I don't use shops. Maybe something in the past, many years ago, but feel free to post them up. I have nothing to hide.

Also, no need to link him, he is on my FB where I posted pics and info and linked it to CGM.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jschrock
^ yeah, I agree totally Jared's fault for leaving it at that shop!

OR did Jared secretly go back and screw his truck up hoping to get an HD hood?
lulz, yes, it in fact was all for an hd conversion, I just followed the directions wrong, smashed truck and got dick caught in electrical socket
Old 08-06-2013, 05:11 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow hate to read stuff like this . Hope your truck gets fixed the way it should .
Old 08-06-2013, 05:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

It looks like worst case is I am out $150 plus my deductible. My insurance will cover a rental car if nothing comes of the other guys insurance. I hope it doesn't come to that. I don't think I'm the bad guy for making this thread after nearly a month, for those who think I am, well, we all have our opinions.

I too have seen his work, and followed up with him since April about doing tubs. Mistakes are not what our character is based on, it's the actions we take AFTER our mistakes that speaks of our character.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Teching In

damn man, glad you posted this up i was just about to hit this guy up too for some firewall tubbing and other stuff for my bagged truck..

NOPE. I like my shops honest and my fenders straight.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Wait wut?

This really sucks. No matter how good the guy supposedly is a situation like this will tarnish him for good. I'm really suprised at the way some people choose to conduct business.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Damn I was wondering why you weren't posting any updates on the truck. Hopefully they make it right.

Quick Reply: Beware: Distinct Fabrications out of Mckinney, Texas