Texas We've Seceded from the Union

Beware: Distinct Fabrications out of Mckinney, Texas

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 12:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Find out who the owners or the property management reps are for this address. These tenants are supposed to carry a commercial writer policy on all business conducted on this property. If the tenants do not have the proper insurance the liability falls to the property owners and or the property management reps. If this property is financed through a real estate trust or a bank they will need to be made aware of the types of business their assets are involved with. The next time you leave your personal property with anyone ask for proof of insurance coverage. A person in business legally, will have this prominently displayed on their wall, available for public viewing, along with the Certificate of Occupancy, Wage Laws poster, Tax ID information cert., (in texas) a TNRCC certificate, and a waist disposal certificate. I'm sure I am forgetting a couple of requirements, but if you can not find these displayed leave and find someone else to do your work. Does not matter how well recommended or what excellent work has been done in the past by this person. Unless you are willing to take the risk for a total loss.
I see you have USAA. That is an outstanding community of companies, but, like any other business they will limit their liabilities as much as possible and you don't want to get caught up in that!
I hate to see you guys getting ripped off by an obvious fly by night operation. I hope all this turns in the right direction for you.
Sorry for the rant! I hold this type of business behavior as theft. And I cannot stand a thief!

-David
Old 08-23-2013, 04:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey David, good to see you around again! How's the family? Wanna sell those D.Eagle's (lol).

On a more serious note, thanks for bringing that to my attention, I am not sure how I can find out who owns the property, but I think I should leave that to the insurance for now. I can only assume that they will go to whatever lengths necessary to get their money back, wouldn't you agree?

Oh, and yet another guy who had problems...
Tony M*****: "Yea he took 2 years on my car after I paid him $3000 cash and didn't even touch it and didn't give me my money back because hes broke for hooking people up then I bought another car he took 5 months just to do the front end ONLY and still no cash back because he's broke again he's such a terrible business man but a badass fabricator his work is basically perfect but business he sucks at he's better off working for someone then working for himself"

All the info can be found online at his FB page, or on CGM.

Still waiting to hear back from the guys who though I was calling this place out for no real reason. Fortunately for me, I wasn't screwed as bad as some of these guys were...unfortunately they were!

So far a few cars, and a few guys buying parts have been scammed by him.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Got her home yesterday afternoon.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sweet
Old 08-26-2013, 12:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Glad to see you getting your truck back. Now enjoy!
Old 08-28-2013, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 09-18-2013, 05:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

still nothing resolved...

supposedly the property owner won't cooperate. I tried calling one time, no reply. Another guy said he was only replied to once, never again.

BBB case filed
Better Business Bureau

Mine was kicked back because Hector would not accept the mail. Well, they have several addresses and numbers now...so hopefully he accepts the letter.

Last edited by texasglock23; 09-18-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by texasglock23
still nothing resolved...

supposedly the property owner won't cooperate. I tried calling one time, no reply. Another guy said he was only replied to once, never again.

BBB case filed
Better Business Bureau

Mine was kicked back because Hector would not accept the mail. Well, they have several addresses and numbers now...so hopefully he accepts the letter.
PM me the owner info. My better half is in the commercial property management business.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Man what a story. Hope the insurance company can get some resolution
Old 10-05-2013, 04:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

still nothing, RacingRust, I will send you what little I have, but last I heard from another guy involved, the owner basically told him to kick rocks over the phone.

Quick Reply: Beware: Distinct Fabrications out of Mckinney, Texas