Texas We've Seceded from the Union

I Am An Idiot....V 2.1

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 06:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's what u do..... from this point on... forget all holidays... on purpose.. get her to remind u of ur b-day etc... after about a year.... she will come to expect that u just aint good with dates.. it worked on my wife....
so now when there is an important holiday or whatever.... she writes it on the white board.... thats when i know i need to get her something....

keeps me outta trouble
Old 02-16-2009, 10:18 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FarmerBeau
...Dont get me wrong. She is a great girl and I probably dont do enough to show her that I care about her...
Come on Beau, this one isn't reading on here too is she? JK. I say just get her some flowers and be a good guy for a few days. She'll forget.

I have some stuff to install on my truck. I'll be doing it at my bro's house in CS... Interested? It's fun stuff...
Old 02-16-2009, 10:20 AM
TECH Addict

Also, from now on, just combine the two days into a mega dinner. Where'd ya'll do eat that was that much?!!
Old 02-16-2009, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

Guys, for future reference, just sending a free facebook valentine gift doesn't go over too well either.
It especially doesn't work after spending all day with your friends at the lake scouting out fishing spots and don't get home til dark-thirty.

Told her it was better than nothing. She did not agree.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

that's why i got married on the 14 2 for 1 yeah i'm a cheap *** lol.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FarmerBeau
Ease up. She doesnt have any serious issues. We were really good friends for like 6 months before we started dating. If I had the slightest thought she was bat-**** crazy, I wouldnt have dated her in the first place. Honestly she isnt as bad as yall are making her out to be. I didnt even say anything in relation to valentines day and might have expressed that the day is a shitass day that its nothing but "giving pretty things for sex day." Yall got the abridged version of the story. She was looking for a simple jesture. Not a wine and dine that matched our anniversary night. She has no problems and believe me, I am a gem compared to her friends SOs. Dont get me wrong. She is a great girl and I probably dont do enough to show her that I care about her. I guess girls only like hardasses for a one-night-stand. With that being said, I dont want to scare her off. I like this one too much.
That is a bit different than your first post came off as. A simple Valentine's Day card goes a long way. If she was expecting you to bend over backwards again then that would have been a huge red flag for me, and more what it seemed like she was expecting.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 310 Likes on 226 Posts

You already fucked up. if you really want to make it better surprise her tonight and take her out to dinner not super fancy but a nice place. Admit you fucked up and tell her your sorry. enjoy dinner and get laid............end of story. Oh, whatever you do, don't forget her birthday!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 01:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by terravast4
You already fucked up. if you really want to make it better surprise her tonight and take her out to dinner not super fancy but a nice place. Admit you fucked up and tell her your sorry. enjoy dinner and get laid............end of story. Oh, whatever you do, don't forget her birthday!!!
Or...

Old 02-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Originally Posted by RandomHero
That is a bit different than your first post came off as. A simple Valentine's Day card goes a long way. If she was expecting you to bend over backwards again then that would have been a huge red flag for me, and more what it seemed like she was expecting.
This is what I'm finding out.

Originally Posted by Coban
Come on Beau, this one isn't reading on here too is she? JK. I say just get her some flowers and be a good guy for a few days. She'll forget.

I have some stuff to install on my truck. I'll be doing it at my bro's house in CS... Interested? It's fun stuff...
Lol oh hell know. If she did, I would kick her to the ******* curb. We ate at a place called Guri do sul in the woodlands. It was an awesome dinner.

Originally Posted by Neil 6.0
Guys, for future reference, just sending a free facebook valentine gift doesn't go over too well either.
It especially doesn't work after spending all day with your friends at the lake scouting out fishing spots and don't get home til dark-thirty.

Told her it was better than nothing. She did not agree.

Originally Posted by Neil 6.0
Or...

CLASSIC
Old 02-16-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well you can get out of the doghouse, NEXT WEEK! trying to do something like a card or whatever will not likely make the situation much better. Promise her it will never happen again and that you were a complete dumbass for blowing it! 2 weeks from now take her out, buy flowers and get her a just because card that shows your feelings. She seems like a good girl that you obviously care alot about so anything you do has to be genuine and not just to make up.

I took my gf out to a very nice restaurant the week before(140 bucks) just the same as you but I had no thought that it was good enough to carry me through v-day. V-day is a Womans holiday, to be honest guys dont give a crap about it but it means a lot to them so you have to do something. For v-day I got her flowers, candy, card and a Ipod and cooked her a HUGE Porterhouse and crab legs and ate by candlelight, I went overboard but she's worth it, hell she puts up with me! I even knew I wasn't gonna get any lovins, it was that time of the month. But next weekend!!! She will remember!

Quick Reply: I Am An Idiot....V 2.1