Texas We've Seceded from the Union
View Poll Results: Does Fri, Dec 12 work for you for a track day?
Yes
86.96%
No
13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Late 2008 Texas meet!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Import Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like Stew said, if it comes to $100/person its definitely worth it... I just dont wanna have like 30 ppl show and have to pay $200/person or worse, not be able to race.

Btw... 100 ppl at the track isnt alot at all, especially for all day. You figure thats only 49 more runs before you get your next turn. The biggest thing that ***** everything up at TnT is bike, snowmobiles, JR dragsters, racing the different groups. We rented a local track with 25 guys for about 4 hours... I seriously got in 15 runs and I was letting the truck sit most of the time and that was with only one lane open. We could easily get a run in every 1/2 hour if you want

Rental is definitely the way to go, we just gotta get it to were we are only paying at most $100/person
Old 04-30-2008, 01:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in for a rental if it's around $100
Old 04-30-2008, 02:19 PM
I Like Gold!!!

Hey stew make a flyer with info and $$$. Leave a # to pay and throw a bunch out in pasadena. I bet a **** load of trucks show.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by thunder550
IF we decide to rent the track out we would have to get payment in advance for this...I know how this **** goes and when a single person pays in advance and tries to collect later from everyone else they always get screwed. I refuse to be that person, and I don't want anyone else to get screwed either. What do you guys think.....try and get enough trucks to rent the track (would that be so many that we won't get many runs in anyway??) or try and find a different weekend where maybe there's an all day test-n-tune or something?
I suggested to a few that there be a Paypal account opended up under (PT.net) and everyone who's going pay up front then that way we know the $$$$$ is there....Pay for the track rental once the $6K is paid up if $$$$$ is left over then divide whats left over among the one's who are there also if you pay and dont show theres no refunds....There has to be a definate list that I was told that I would have to get it to him. If your not on the list your not allowed to enter....
Old 04-30-2008, 02:21 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by BBLS1
Hey stew make a flyer with info and $$$. Leave a # to pay and throw a bunch out in pasadena. I bet a **** load of trucks show.
press 1 for english haha. maybe someone who speaks the spanish should do that???
Old 04-30-2008, 02:35 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok so here's my proposition. We set up a new paypal account, and everyone contributes their $100. If we get enough to pay for the track rental by a predertimed cutoff date, like Oct 1 or something, all that money goes towards the rental. If not, all of the money gets refunded back to the people who paid. Seems like a win-win, other than the fact that people who pay might be out $100 for a couple months until we determine whether or not we will have enough people to rent the track. What do you guys think?
Old 04-30-2008, 02:38 PM

Ok so here's my proposition. We set up a new paypal account, and everyone contributes their $100. If we get enough to pay for the track rental by a predertimed cutoff date, like Oct 1 or something, all that money goes towards the rental. If not, all of the money gets refunded back to the people who paid. Seems like a win-win, other than the fact that people who pay might be out $100 for a couple months until we determine whether or not we will have enough people to rent the track. What do you guys think?
sounds like a plan. whoever maintanes the paypal account should also keep GOOD RECORDS of who has paid

names, addresses, phone numbers. free spectators???? i dont see why not? we could do some BBQ
Old 04-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Do we have to rent it for the entire day, could we just rent it for 1/2 a day?
Old 04-30-2008, 02:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds good to me, i'll throw in 100
Old 04-30-2008, 02:41 PM

full day sounds more fun IMO. people are driving a long ways to race.

so at 100 per car i say we shut down the list at 60 trucks. no refunds, no bs. redistributing money back to racers could become a royal PITA. it will also encourage people to pay up faster because theres a limited # of spots. make sure and invite 9ball from tech. im sure he wouldnt mind seeing what he created haha.

Quick Reply: Late 2008 Texas meet!