Texas We've Seceded from the Union

locked the damn keys in the truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 10:02 PM
apple bottom jeans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1TRUCKGUY
no stock antenna.... short billet one. i have locked myself out a couple of times and have always been able to get it with a hanger.... not this time. i cringed when i started drilling. i was VERY careful not to hit the paint. now i gotta get all the shvings out of the window hardware...... this is still gonna come out cheaper than calling a locksmith
my battery died out in my truck so obviously it wouldn't unlock...my lock had gummed up as well so my key wouldn't turn without snapping. We called a locksmith and he used this inflatable bag to pry the door open, it was pretty sweet. It was like 4 oclock, and I was at my buddies house drinking brews on the porch. He told us he was on his way home when the dispatch called, so we offered him some beers and he did it for free! He was a cool guy.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:06 PM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

lock smith 40 bucks.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hell, the cheapest one i called was $75. free would have been better.... oh well
Old 02-01-2009, 11:39 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

if i was butt naked on a county road i would use a rock to unlock the door haha...

on a side note...i was pulled over naked one time. i thought i was smoothe until i had to ask my girlfriend to get my wallet out of my pants that were in the passenger side floorboard. my jacket was laying in my lap hahahahaha. the cop was cool though and didnt ask too many questions.

we told him that we were back there "talking".
Old 02-02-2009, 02:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i keep my spare keys in the truck but i usually unlock the truck with the keys in my pocket and start the truck with the keys i keep in the truck so a set stays in my pocket at all times
Old 02-02-2009, 03:14 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 454navyss
i keep my spare keys in the truck but i usually unlock the truck with the keys in my pocket and start the truck with the keys i keep in the truck so a set stays in my pocket at all times
Me too. If you never take the key out of your pocket to start the vehicle it is always there.

I keep 1 set hooked up to my chair. and the other set stashed away in the truck that I use to start it with.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:21 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My truck locked me out a couple of weeks ago . Right before I did anything stupid, I remembered On-Star*

Sucks when your keys are in the ignition, you close the door then hear the horn honk and the locks lock
Old 02-03-2009, 12:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by viciousknid
Me too. If you never take the key out of your pocket to start the vehicle it is always there.

I keep 1 set hooked up to my chair. and the other set stashed away in the truck that I use to start it with.
i do the same thing. i hit the lock button and shut the door, then i realized my keys werent in my pocket. i lookd in the window and they were sittin in the cup holder
Old 02-03-2009, 12:41 AM
Teching In

onstars , very nice if you have it.

i nice feature to add to any truck would be, a system called autopage you can call your car or truck to start ,lock,unlock etc. its very nice i have it on my show car.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by storm5.3
If you got power door locks I hear you can get someone to call you on the cell and while you hold the phone close to the vehicle they can press the unlock button on the transmitter and it will unlock the doors but I see you locked the spares in the truck too...LOL
that is bogus, bout like being able to cut a hole in a tennis ball and squeeze it to unlock the door, it's all bull that someone did a video on just to have something to post up on you tube. it looks cool but I watch video's like this.... if it seems really fantasctic or too Awesome then it's probably bogus. it's a nice idea but doesn't work at all. The best Idea I have found yet is a buddy of mine bolted a spare door key for his truck to the inside of the truck frame and he always carries a multitool in his back pocket so if the situation ever comes that he needs to use the key even if no one else around has any tools he has a way to get his key and get in

I used to lock my keys in my 87 Mazda SE5 truck i had all the time and I learned that I could pull the back window out really easily by hand. Putting it back in was usually a little fun but I even got pretty practiced at doing that pretty well too and it was just something else to do when I got locked out again. I don't think that would work all that well on the newer trucks but it was just the ticket back then. The key bolted to the frame however was just a very smart deal. Another friend magnatized his key and wire tied it to the frame where it couldn't be easily found.

Quick Reply: locked the damn keys in the truck