Texas We've Seceded from the Union

Look at the BS ive had to go threw the last 24hrs

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 01:27 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm interested to see how this turns out too Kasey, I'm not gonna try to presume why they closed the thread since I don't know the full story but in case I ever have to go through what your having to deal with I'd like to know how it all turns out and what happens.

btw Thanks Cody for keeping it open.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:44 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
I'm interested to see how this turns out too Kasey, I'm not gonna try to presume why they closed the thread since I don't know the full story but in case I ever have to go through what your having to deal with I'd like to know how it all turns out and what happens.

btw Thanks Cody for keeping it open.
alot of ppl are interested in seeing how this turns out. all my ducks r in a row for court, just have to do the proper steps to get there. Thanks again everyone for the support. i never thought i would be put in a situation like this, but u live and learn. at this point, its not about the money, its the principle of the matter. I know he's callin my bluff on taking him to court, so he will get a rood awaking. as always, i'll keep it updted!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 10:23 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here ya go buddy...
http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/pts/1690761713.html
Old 04-13-2010, 10:41 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by dlt76028
haha, damn. my dad used to live in keller....hmmmmm
Old 04-14-2010, 12:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

did it really get to this point now?
that dude prolly bit off more than he could handle
Old 04-14-2010, 02:40 PM
12 Second Truck Club

unfortunately yes it did get to this point.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

so are you taking this to civil court? If he even shows up does he really have an obligation to repay you? I mean what can the civil court do to him? Send him a letter?
Old 04-14-2010, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
so are you taking this to civil court? If he even shows up does he really have an obligation to repay you? I mean what can the civil court do to him? Send him a letter?
they can send a marshal to his house to start collecting stuff if he doesnt pay,

copied from google

Enforcement of the Order
If a magistrate has found in your favour and required the other person to repay the debt, what happens next?
To an extent this is up to you.
The quickest way to recover the debt is to seek a property (seizure and sale) order, which authorises a bailiff to seize and sell as much of the judgement debtor’s real or personal property as necessary to satisfy the judgement debt wholly or partially.
But what if the judgement debtor does not have sufficient property to satisfy your claim against them?
If you are unsure, you can make an application to the court for a means inquiry, which will determine the judgement debtor’s ability to pay the debt.
A means inquiry must be held if you are seeking a time for payment order or an instalment order.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:56 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by tiffo60
they can send a marshal to his house to start collecting stuff if he doesnt pay,

copied from google
in texas they cannot force the sell of personal property, what they can do is find out where he banks and send a marshall to collect the money out of his account. Or if he owns more than one home they can force him to pay or sell the home.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:59 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Judgment

At the conclusion of the hearing, the Justice of the Peace must make the judgment as the justice of the case demands.

Under the law, if the judgment is in favor of the plaintiff and against the defendant, the defendant must pay the judgment immediately. See Section 28.051, Texas Government Code.

copied from Harris County pct. 4 webpage. guess he will have to pay!! ive already chocked it up as a loss, this is about teaching him a lesson, and now whenever the thought pops in his head that he may screw someone over, he will remember this. its about the principle of the situation. i dont want this dude to screw anyone else over like he has me

Quick Reply: Look at the BS ive had to go threw the last 24hrs