Texas We've Seceded from the Union

LS Carb Conversion & Speed Demon Carb

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS Carb Conversion & Speed Demon Carb

I have an edelbrock carb conversion for an lsx 4.8-6.0L engines. Intake is an edelbrock performer rpm that I did a lot of grinding and smoothing on it to remove the webs that separate the intake runners. You will be able to see in the pics i post the difference it makes appearance wise. This conversion kit has the edelbrock box that controls the engine, it is not laptop programmable. It comes with pills that you can change on the box, the pills have different timing curves. We used pill #6 and it worked best on our application. Here is a link to jegs where it has a lot more info and sells for $670 new. Edelbrock 7118 Edelbrock Performer RPM Chevrolet LS1 Carbureted Intake Manifold Kit dumdumdumI also have a speed demon 750 V.S that I will include. The speed demon works great, it has no issues at all. Here is a link to Jeg's where they sell for over $400. dumOops!
Also it comes with a braided fuel line that cost us over $100. Included in the sale is the carb spacer & chrome air cleaner. Everythingdumhas less thank 2000 miles on it. Only reason we are selling this is because my brother now wants to go fuel injected so after a couple of months of him driving the truck and looking through magazines he now wants the fast 92/92 LOOK.dumMy brother is in the military and just drove it everyday to fort bliss from his house. He is now in afghanistan and I am working on it while he is gone. You can reach me @ 817-888-4657. I will be taking it to work to box it so if anyone local is interested in looking at hit me up. Total together is over $1200. Looking to get $850. dumI work off of heritage pkwy and I-35 @ TexasDriveTrainPerformance.

Here is a Youtube video of it running.dum
CARBED LS1/LS6 HEADS W/CAM - YouTube
Here are some pics: First pic shows the webs being removed, the rest are the finished product.dum

Also looking for an LS6 intake, tb, fuel rails and 42 lb injectors.