Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

True dual 4"
Old 01-21-2010, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the record, I own George's Muffler Shop in south Fort Worth and we do mandrel bent exhaust systems. We do true dual set ups on F-bodies all the time and here is a picture of what we finished last friday on a 2002 SS:

We are in the process of purchasing a transfluid 2060K mandrel bender with 1.75", 2", 2.25", and 3" dies. We will offer 304 and 409 stainless and aluminized pipe for all of our exhaust parts. The machine should be in operation hopefully within the next few months. Until that happens we have a great supplier for 304 stainless and aluminized mandrel bends.

If I can ever help anyone out please do not hesitate to call.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Thank you for posting 3 days too late

Haha but no thanks for letting us know, I'll definitely keep that in mind. How much do you guys charge to fab up prebent piping? And any ideas on the cost of an exhaust job once you get the bender operational? I know this is sort of a case by case basis, but just looking for ballpark figures to see if it would be worth it.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Zac i will def be coming out for some new exhaust once i get the new motor in! I never even think to refer people to you my bad man! I still need to stop by the shop an check out all the new progress! Sounds like things are rollin man, oh and you need to get back out to fudds on thursdays. lol

Ok thread jack over
Old 01-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Originally Posted by f4tal
Ok thread jack over
The F in your sig is backwards
Old 01-21-2010, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

ha ya i know... guess thats what i get for letting FSC do my sig huh?! bahahaha
Old 01-22-2010, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Zac is the man when it comes to exhaust.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

True dat!!
+2
Old 01-22-2010, 12:37 AM
Teching In

Scott to answer your questions what we usually do is buy the pre bent pipe from our warehouse whatever that cost may be you pay us to either fab up something or just install it. Usually the pre bent pipes are around 40 dollars and I charge about 30-40 dollars to install it. Bear in mind that not all the pipes I get from the warehouse are mandrel bent (unless I specify) but they are always pre bent to the vehicle specifications. In other words they fit correctly. As far as fab work is concerned I usually do a deal where the customer gets parts at my cost and then charged a flat rate for the labor. The picture I posted was completed last friday and I charged 200 dollars labor and the customer received the parts at my cost. I think 7-10 people have this similar set up in our club right now (L/SM) and got the same deal. I realize that getting work done on your car can be very costly so I try not to be too greedy since I am an enthusiast as well. That being said our prices are always at or just slightly higher than our competitors. We offer quality MIG welding and will hopefully have a TIG welder at the same time the mandrel bender is purchased. We stand behind our work with the philosphy that it gets done right the first time. If you ever have to return to my shop for a problem that we caused or didn't catch when the work was done, we will absolutely withoput any dispute fix the problem at no charge to you. I am in business to make money but not take advantage of my client base. We will never sell you something you don't need and will always attempt to meet our customers expectations. The building looks old on the outside but I have spent many hours remodeling and buying new equipment to try and offer a broader service to the community. We have been in the rebuild and remodel phase for the past 6 months and we have a long way to go lol.

When the bender is up and running I will probably raise prices for pre-bent pipe depending on the application and who you are lol. Something like what you got done maybe would have been 40-50 dollars more if I had to use the mandrel bender and we are using aluminized pipe instead of stainless. Not to mention that since we will be manufacturing exhaust pipes we will most likely have the program for your vehicle which means less time on the machine and cheaper prices. Everything else will remain the same regardless of the machine and we will still have our press fit bender so that people will have a cheaper alternative to the mandrel. The purpose of buying the machine is not just for the muffler shop. We are planning to begin full scale production of pre-bent tail pipes, mandrel 90's, 45's etc, and anything else I can use the machine for. Essentially I am going to start up an exhaust manufacturing business.

Alex, it's no problem I was actually doing a google search online tonight and stumbled across this thread. You definitely should come by. I installed a two post lift in the first bay and re-organized the whole shop. We are going to be installing TDP diamond clutches asap and hopefully will have our first clutch kit on display next week. I have just been a lazy *** and not gone to Jason's to pick the kit up lol. I was at fudd's tonight for a short time. My son is 2 months old now and consumed so much of my time it has been difficult for me to be involved like I was before. We did have a good turnout tonight though!!!!! Call me or come by anytime!

Thanks Chase and your the man when it comes to Automatic transmissions!!! Speaking of which you need to hop on the LSM forum because Jenn (TxTrouble) has burned out two trannys recently and the shop told her it was a wiring issue!!
Old 01-22-2010, 12:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, must have missed ya. I didnt get out there til around 8 or so. Ya i bet the little one is taking up alot of time though. lol Glad to see everythings going good though!
I will def stop by soon when i get some free time!

Thanks for taking the time an posting up info about the shop an whatnot, seems like you guys are growing fast! Oh and don't worry about scott, he's an *** to everyone! bahahaha jk jk im going to get **** for that

Quick Reply: Mandrel bend exhaust shop in DFW?