Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, you are about 1.5 miles from me. I forgot about you and Oakpoint
Old 07-25-2011, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

Weatherford is really nice and has little traffic to get to shopping or metroplex businesses if I knew what I know now I would have bought a house there
Old 07-25-2011, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, but Weatherford is a bit far from Plano/Mckinney area...factor in drive time and then traffic (which let's face it, there is always traffic in the DFW area) it would be more of a hassle than just moving to one of the much closer areas we suggested. Just some food for thought.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by texasglock23
Frisco is nice, I'm on the edge in Prosper. Little Elm and Aubrey are nice as well. We are all small and quiet, and on the edge of Frisco and Denton. Far enough from the rush, close enough to enjoy the perks. East of highway 75 in mckinney it gets a bet rougher aesthetically and crime wise. I suggest look on the opposite side. Plano years ago was really nice, but with its huge growth over the years it isn't what it used to be, but still nice nonetheless. Great places to eat in both areas.....tons to do. Stay out of Mesquite/Garland if you can, I grew up there, and it is a total shithole! Oak Cliff, and most of Grand Prairie and Pleasnt Grove is a no no. So is Seagoville and Balch Springs.
I have had worse problems in Frisco then I ever had in Garland and I spent 20 years there. Punk rich kids cause all kinds of trouble out that way.

I'm North east of plano and south east of Mckinney... right on lake lavon on the edge of Wylie and St. Paul..... absolutely love it. Driving across the metroplex does suck as I work out in southlake area. It really depends on budget around the DFW area... stay north of DFW though... Mckinney is nice if you are on the west side and Allen is nice also. If your budget allows Lucas is really nice and still has that small town country feel just with 300K plus homes (here that means 4,000 sq ft. plus in size and atleast a half acre). Whatever you decide welcome to Texas and you won't miss IL none of my family misses WI... Probably why the family has been here the last 30 years.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=PediDr2;4740983]
Heat index over 100 the past 2 weeks. Hot and sticky humid. I think I can handle it. It'll be nice not having to snowblow after a 2 foot snow like we had last winter.

QUOTE]

24 days straight over 100* without the index with the same humidity you get up there... but you learn to live with it... At least here I get to play golf year round
Old 07-26-2011, 08:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sprayed99
I have had worse problems in Frisco then I ever had in Garland and I spent 20 years there. Punk rich kids cause all kinds of trouble out that way.

I'm North east of plano and south east of Mckinney... right on lake lavon on the edge of Wylie and St. Paul..... absolutely love it. Driving across the metroplex does suck as I work out in southlake area. It really depends on budget around the DFW area... stay north of DFW though... Mckinney is nice if you are on the west side and Allen is nice also. If your budget allows Lucas is really nice and still has that small town country feel just with 300K plus homes (here that means 4,000 sq ft. plus in size and atleast a half acre). Whatever you decide welcome to Texas and you won't miss IL none of my family misses WI... Probably why the family has been here the last 30 years.
Kids doing dumb things is one thing, and WILL happen in any neighborhood. Drug dealing, car theft, home invasions, etc etc etc. is worse in the areas I stated. Garland is a shithole, you and I both know it. If it weren't I would have bought a house out there. Now the Wylie and Sachse area is nice, we were looking out that way at one point. You will have issues in any neighborhood, I just choose not to live in an area where crime is prevalent and on a "not if, but when basis".

If Frisco was a terrible place, it wouldn't have the economy it does, nice homes and residents etc. Just trying to get the facts to the OP. Once again I have experience as I have lived in the following: Indy, Lancaster, Waxahachie, Ferris, Seagoville, Balch Springs, Mesquite, Garland, Rowlett, Rockwall, Forney, Chicago area in Illinois while in bootcamp and A school for the NAVY, Norfolk/Hampton/Virginia Beach, VA and now Prosper (on the edge of Frisco and Denton).
Old 07-26-2011, 09:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Kids doing dumb things is one thing, and WILL happen in any neighborhood. Drug dealing, car theft, home invasions, etc etc etc. is worse in the areas I stated. Garland is a shithole, you and I both know it. If it weren't I would have bought a house out there. Now the Wylie and Sachse area is nice, we were looking out that way at one point. You will have issues in any neighborhood, I just choose not to live in an area where crime is prevalent and on a "not if, but when basis".

If Frisco was a terrible place, it wouldn't have the economy it does, nice homes and residents etc. Just trying to get the facts to the OP. Once again I have experience as I have lived in the following: Indy, Lancaster, Waxahachie, Ferris, Seagoville, Balch Springs, Mesquite, Garland, Rowlett, Rockwall, Forney, Chicago area in Illinois while in bootcamp and A school for the NAVY, Norfolk/Hampton/Virginia Beach, VA and now Prosper (on the edge of Frisco and Denton).
Never said it was a terrible place. Just stated the problems I have encountered... yes parts of Garland are bad, but not all of it.. North Garland by firewheel is still nice. Sachse is so so now because of the economy... I'm way north of that... hell I can throw a rock and be in Lucas/Allen area. I looked out in Prosper where you are at building a place, but we were in a time crunch. We will be revisiting the idea of building a place next year and I hope the property prices come down out by you.

Also go to know we have so many members so close.... We should do a track day or BBQ at some point later the year
Old 07-26-2011, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im in, but I am stock...not sure if I will be doing much, with the new house and school money is hard to come by. And I agree with the North Garland statement!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Im in, but I am stock...not sure if I will be doing much, with the new house and school money is hard to come by. And I agree with the North Garland statement!
you dont have to be modded to man the grill
Old 07-26-2011, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I can smoke the hell out of a brisket!

Quick Reply: Moving to Texas