Texas We've Seceded from the Union

Royal Purple Raceway fighting to remain open

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 04:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal Purple Raceway fighting to remain open

Just saw this. Hopefully the track stays open.

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-...to-remain-open
Old 09-10-2013, 04:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A guy here at work got this email from Royal Purple Raceway today as well.

“If I have ever needed your help, now is the most important!!
Royal Purple Raceway is in jeopardy of being shut down. NO, THIS IS NOT A JOKE!! This is a very serious matter to not only myself who work here but all race fans and those that enjoy the facility with their families should be very concerned about. Royal Purple Raceway has been fighting a battle with a recycling company next to us who is crushing concrete. The pile creates dust which is blown onto the drag strip and it is creating an unsafe racing surface. NHRA has issued a notice that they will remove our NHRA sanctioning, which removes the NHRA races from coming to Baytown if we do not have the issues resolved. We are not asked this facility to shut down, we are just asking they move their pile of concrete to the North end of their property so it will not effect the Royal Purple Raceway racing surface. I have attached the press release below and a picture of the concrete pile.

My hope is that you are asking yourself how you can help. I need everyone and anyone that knows or has been to and enjoys Royal Purple Raceway to attend our town meeting being held on September 19, 2013 at 7:00pm. This meeting is being held at Chambers County Community Building McLeod Park, 10717 Langston Drive, Mont Belvieu, TX 77523. It is imperative that all of you attend to show the TCEQ that you don't want your racing facility, Royal Purple Raceway shut down. All you need to do is show up so TCEQ will understand what Royal Purple Raceway means to our fans and to you. Please share with all you know so we can get as many people as possible to show up. The more we have the bigger the statement!
Please, I'm asking for your support to come to the meeting and just make an appearance.”
Old 09-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Per TCEQ regs the concrete company has to keep the dust down. Should be pretty simple to get resolved. Ive been on more than one job that was shut down til they got a water truck on site to keep dust pollution down.