Texas We've Seceded from the Union

Somthing a lil diff for yall, my little project toy...

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 01:47 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somthing a lil diff for yall, my little project toy...

I have a build thread on another forum,but figured i would post it over hear since I am regularly over here trolling as well. Figured a little change is nice every now and then for yall, Totall has seen some of it when he picked up my spare 4L80E. Yes its a Dodge,but im a dodge guy at heart sry guys. Lol here you go cut and paste and i will update it here as well.

Overview:
Back in early 2007 my car was the target of vandalism etc sucks, fighting the insurance company for 1.5yrs with lawyers etc, worst thing is paying a car note on something you cant drive.

Car sat for over 2yrs before it was stripped of the interior and fully replaced after hrs of washing and scrubbing parts to get rid of the smoke damage etc.

Fwd to beginning of this year, and the fun starts, will be run on E85 for street duty and E98 or full alcohol for track duty, haven't decided 100% yet on that. The goal is mid to low 10's as the car will be going pretty hard as I have to be fully NHRA spec'ed for 135+MPH for the Oct 15-17 Pinks All out event in Baytown, that I somehow got lucky enough to get a position in:thumbsup:

The build is a high compression 9.5:1, Form and function rods and Stage 5 race head, Block is getting O-ringed to be able to with stand 40+psi no sweat etc, Rage accelerator shaft, homemade 3rd gear fork and lots of other little goodies.:thumbsup:

To some of the pics....
STG 5 head:

Exhaust side)

Intake side)

Dual Rev valve springs)
All valve train is Rev and Ferrea, over sized valves etc, all the goodies you can get.:readclose

BC Crane 18 clones:

Form and Function 1300Hp rods:

Arias 9.5:1, coated pistons with HD wrist pins:thumbsup::

Billet tone wheel:
That was before i welded the bolts to the tone wheel.

Billet crank plate straps from F&F with ARP hardware:

The Ishimara johnson windage tray and scraper is still waiting to come in:tongue:

Rage Billet Accelerator input shaft:

Continued below....
Old 06-19-2010, 01:48 AM
Launching!

And the crown jewel, Precision billet wheel 6057 turbo:

I will be pushing this turbo to its pressure limits, if its not enough then I will just go bigger as I have the engine to back it up. Should shine around 35-40PSI we will see:eveilgrin

Fuel system:
Bottle neck fixed stock canister with an old style Walboro not that new crap that keeps burning out these days. -6AN stock feed and full return is -8AN. read below...

That will feed a 2-gallon surge tank in the trunk and then a Bosch 044 and -10AN will feed the engine. Surge will have dual 10AN feeds for just in case i need dual pumps which i will if i go alcohol that Y's into a -12AN feed line:wah?!: Here's a surge tank I built for another member on here and will be building mine as well kinda like this one.

Random pics:

Should be in the range of 600-650hp ***** to the wall all out:thumbsup:

Still need to take the block to the machine shop to get all the machine work and O-ringing done, then I will start assembling the engine and all that good stuff. Any questions feel free to ask, I still have tons of fabricating to do such as building the intercooler and all the pipes that will be V-banded, more than likely I will be building a custom tubular exhaust manifold out of stainless steel instead of getting a log manifold or something. All the exhaust piping including O2 housing, will neck out to a 4" exhaust out the back:eeeek:. Like i said lots of things to get worked out and I will update as it all happens. The original plan was to be completed by the Modern meet,but some things that happened recently have pushed it back bit. And the NHRA specs above 135mph is a pain in the ***.

If HPTuners would get there bs together and get their Dodge stuff out, Wheatley would be the one tuning it.

Any questions feel free to ask
Old 06-19-2010, 01:52 AM
Launching!

Some pics of how it sits at the moment:
Back in the day, WAAAAYYY back:

Future Supra slayer sitting to the right there:readclose:rofl:

Welded tone wheel:

Disassembled input shaft and some extra "items" for other folks:paranoid:
Old 06-19-2010, 05:41 AM
TECH Addict

Oh **** thats a nice setup. This would be a good match for my integra if i ever finish the damn thing
Old 06-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2007chevy5.3l
Oh **** thats a nice setup. This would be a good match for my integra if i ever finish the damn thing
A little motivation for you here then lol. Should be one of the top 3 fastest in Texas and top 10 fastest in the country when done.

And just so yall dont think I am a no good non owning troll here you go
Old 06-19-2010, 05:42 PM
12 Second Truck Club

so what happened....they set the car on fire???
Old 06-19-2010, 06:08 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 06tx4.8
so what happened....they set the car on fire???
x2
what happened?
Old 06-19-2010, 09:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fastrt
x2
what happened?
Yea the car was sitting in the dirt driveway we have by itself, it happened when we was in Chicago at the cancer institute for my grandmother. So my whole family was out of town including myself. We have 2 long driveways as we live on 5 acres, no fence at the time and someone busted in the front windshield and threw a lit newspaper into the front seat. Melted a lot, but the fire got smothered by all the smoke. they tried to light the gas tank on fire as well, but was too stupid to figure that out. Needless to say, we had to get lawyers etc because the insurance company was refusing to pay and trying to say we did it. That was a long hell of depositions,investigations etc sucks *****. Told them if we was to do it, being a family of mechanics and aircraft mechanics it would have been done the right way.

It looked like some punk hooligans did it cause the stupidity of not getting it to fire up etc. .
Old 07-01-2010, 01:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any more progress ??? . . .

I sure wish that I had your shop . . . lots of project space !
Old 07-02-2010, 06:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

whats that behind it? a 57 Bel-Air? good luck with the rebuild

Quick Reply: Somthing a lil diff for yall, my little project toy...