Texas We've Seceded from the Union

Stopped for having "blue" lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 11:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I give them a real reason to pull me over.. leaving a gas station with a ton of white smoke behind me and completley sideways goin down the highway.. They didnt appreciate that too much, nor did i appreciate the wreckless driving ticket
So now i just dont do anything stupid and havent been pulled over in 4 years.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pulled over for blue headlights? Thats crazy, he was definitely needing some overtime. A friend of mine has blue cab and mirror lights and has never even been pulled over for that.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had 10k in my headlights and foglights on my lifted f-150 and never had a problem,guessing the trooper just wanted to be an ***.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you can find all the loop holes in the way the law is wrote, interpreted you have a good chance of beating it in court. My buddy had the same issue with his hydraulic truck around here. Cops kept giving him tickets for ride height and susp. He read the book, went to court beat the tickets..
Old 10-11-2012, 12:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Only time I have been pulled over for lights was when I was young and thought it was cool to put red lights in my 97 Silverado for running lights. Took 24 hrs and two warnings from two different cops before I yanked them out.

Have ran HID's in the stock housing in my past 3 trucks and never been pulled over for them. Get the occasional flash from a little car but not much I can do if your car is inches off the ground and I am in a truck.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea i swapped my ballast out and put 35w in the lows as a show of good faith but im sure if he stopped me again for the same thing i would get a ticket instead of a written warning. Sux cuz i can see so much better and i drive on a ranch(the king ranch) to get to work with some heavy traffic out there so using the hi beams isnt really an option unless its a weekend. Some cops are just ******** period. He looked young too so he may have been on a high horse that day. Who knows
Old 10-11-2012, 04:41 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

the halogen bulbs look better and dont blind everyone around you. somehow i always end up driving in front of the ******* in a jacked up truck and HID headlights. it blinds the **** out of me from my rear view mirror. i just keep slowing down until they go around.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bluchevypick
I know for a fact they arent illegal in Texas for two reasons. My uncle is a DPS officer and he said there is no law against them. Secondly because Bowie County up here in Texarkana, Texas buy their own vehicles for patrol and 70% of them install aftermarket HIDs on their patrol vehicles. Sounds like that officer was being a dick to ya.
Any non halogen bulb in a non-projector housing is illegal, been that way since introduction. Your county or city may not enforce it, but it doesn't make it legal. Manufacturers like Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc. that make cars with FACTORY hid headlights are legal because they in a projector housing so the lights don't glare everywhere, and they go through stringent testing to become DOT approved. Just because cops do it, doesn't make it legal. I don't think a cop would take kindly to someone typing on a computer driving down the highway like they do either.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by slammedsilvy
Any non halogen bulb in a non-projector housing is illegal, been that way since introduction. Your county or city may not enforce it, but it doesn't make it legal. Manufacturers like Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc. that make cars with FACTORY hid headlights are legal because they in a projector housing so the lights don't glare everywhere, and they go through stringent testing to become DOT approved. Just because cops do it, doesn't make it legal. I don't think a cop would take kindly to someone typing on a computer driving down the highway like they do either.
Little off subject but I always wondered about that. Texting and driving is bad enough and I always see cops typing away on their laptops while driving
Old 10-11-2012, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
Little off subject but I always wondered about that. Texting and driving is bad enough and I always see cops typing away on their laptops while driving
yeah but there professionally trained drivers

Quick Reply: Stopped for having "blue" lights